Sync Applink? | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync Applink?

It would really be great if we could get this functionality while we still own our vehicles.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

While im very happy with mft, and don't have any issues with it, I will NOT be getting another explorer when my lease is up if they don't have this working. I still can't believe this is not on the explorer....wake the f up ford!

Sorry, what is applink?

No Explorer :( I'd like the Pandora App

If you go on the SYNCMYRIDE site and log in you can view the COMMUNITY tab and then the Owner to Owner discussions.

Lots of AppLink info, basically it explains the plan is/was to roll AppLink out to Non MFT systems across Europe before it comes to North America MFT systems.

Lots of upset customers who based purchases on the availability of Applink.

The leading theory is Ford has a contractual agreement with SiriusXM that they wont allow MFT customers AppLink access to alternatives like Pandora, iheart radio, etc etc.

It seems futile since many of us stream off our smartphones to the MFT system now, and skip Sirius.

thank you for the reply. i must check that out.

If you go on the SYNCMYRIDE site and log in you can view the COMMUNITY tab and then the Owner to Owner discussions.

Lots of AppLink info, basically it explains the plan is/was to roll AppLink out to Non MFT systems across Europe before it comes to North America MFT systems.

Lots of upset customers who based purchases on the availability of Applink.

The leading theory is Ford has a contractual agreement with SiriusXM that they wont allow MFT customers AppLink access to alternatives like Pandora, iheart radio, etc etc.

It seems futile since many of us stream off our smartphones to the MFT system now, and skip Sirius.

SiriusXM... Yes this all makes sense now. Howard Stern had a meting in Detroit and said "we will pay you handsomely to block Applink from MFT vehicles, which represent .017% of our market share."

This is such a lame theory. You can easily stream all of those aforementioned services (as well as SiriusXM Internet radio) via Bluetooth or USB already. And why would they block MFT vehicles, as opposed to non-MFT vehicles, which far outweigh in terms of quantity? Maybe, just maybe, there are technical reasons behind the delay, which the programmers cannot resolve in a manner that leaves the product stable, safe and ready for the market?

Peace Out
- Eric the Midget

SiriusXM... Yes this all makes sense now. Howard Stern had a meting in Detroit and said "we will pay you handsomely to block Applink from MFT vehicles, which represent .017% of our market share."

This is such a lame theory. You can easily stream all of those aforementioned services (as well as SiriusXM Internet radio) via Bluetooth or USB already. And why would they block MFT vehicles, as opposed to non-MFT vehicles, which far outweigh in terms of quantity? Maybe, just maybe, there are technical reasons behind the delay, which the programmers cannot resolve in a manner that leaves the product stable, safe and ready for the market?

Peace Out
- Eric the Midget

Yes Eric the Actor, you may have a point, there are obviously technical issues but 3 years can't solve them?......I call BS!

I still think software licensing factors into this.

While that sounds somewhat plausible, do you have any hard evidence, or is it more or less just speculation? I couldn't find any hard evidence over at syncmyride.

I did some digging and found nothing substantive, although Ford's current deal with Sirius appears to expire in September of this year. If you are correct that it is a licensing issue, perhaps we will see an update Q3 this year with applink.

Its not my theory its the theory on the SYNCMYRIDE Owner to Owner Forum

Its not my theory its the theory on the SYNCMYRIDE Owner to Owner Forum

So I take that as a NO.

Interesting theory the folks at smr have, but until I see more, I guess I'm not going to get my hopes up that some contractual thing is all that's preventing this from happening.

One suggestion if you care that much about it would be to start a real petition and once you get enough names from owners send it to Mullaly personally AND send a copy to motortrend, consumer reports, and other auto rags. The auto rags love to bash MFT so that is right up their alley and the consumer protection angle is loved by consumer reports so that also would be up their alley.

Sending tweets is useless. You have to turn up the heat.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If Ford has similar agreement this would perhaps explain AppLink resistance on MFT vehicles because with AppLink most users would likely not renew their Sirius subscription

I think most users would not renew their Sirius subscriptions no matter what. Most folks think it is too pricey for the service. When I bought my Ex, I asked my salesman to not even activate Sirius but he said they had to give everyone the free 6 month subscription.

Back