Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Sync Connect - wifi hotspot

Discussion in '2017+ Sync 3 / In Vehicle Technology' started by SLE, January 18, 2018.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. SLE

SLE New Member

City, State:
      Eau Claire, WI
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2018 Explorer Platinum
      Maybe I'm missing something, but what's so great about Sync Connect and the wifi hotspot. Almost everyone can use their phone as a hotspot, why would I basically pay for yet another cell phone subscription (Sync Connect) to create a hotspot?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Dora2.0

Dora2.0 New Member

City, State:
      Ontario
      2018 Explorer Sport
      Aside from the hotspot, the built in LTE provides the ability to remotely lock/unlock doors and start/stop the engine through the FordPass app. This connectivity feature is free for 5 years whereas the hotspot is 3 gigs or 3 months, whichever is first, in Canada, not sure about the US. I don’t see myself paying for the hotspot after the trial, however the other features are cool and provide that extra peace of mind, especially where the door locks are concerned.

4. Rainlord

Rainlord Active Member

City, State:
      Zurich, Switzerland
      Explorer 2012 XLT
      Sounds to me that all they did was essentially take the DL3Z-19A390-B module and integrate it into the APIM on the new models. Correct me if I'm wrong. Handy for sure, but I wonder what the cost is after 5 years, anyone know?

5. SLE

SLE New Member

City, State:
      Eau Claire, WI
      2018 Explorer Platinum
      Thanks for the info, it's good to know. I agree, the FordPass features might be useful. The WIFI hotspot, not so much.

• Thanks Thanks x 1