Teens or Old people

Who's more Annoying Drivers:Teens or Old People

• Teenagers

Votes: 75 29.6%
  • Old People

Votes: 178 70.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
in defense of teen drivers, i am 19, i have a civic and an x. i am highly skilled at driving, i have taken the high performance driving classes, i love to drive, its my hobby and my passion. its the ignorant teens who dont understand what they are doing, they just saw someone do it once and want to be like them that #### **** up for the rest of us teens that actually can drive

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I vote old people I am a teenager and i do get looks for a loud exaust and an X with no front air dam.

When i lived in Michigan speed limit is 70 on hiway. I crussing at 75 or 78(with trafic) I pass slower cars etc.. well at one poit I try to pas a guy then he speeds up. I think ok buddy whatever. Then a pickup comes up behind me gived me the high beems and starts to honk his horn so I move over. He passes me and then some old lady cuts infront of me going no more then 40. (there was a loud screecing noise) I think ok you ***** so i pass her I resume 78 and I look in my rearview and she is still going 40(WTF)

everythintech said:
in defense of teen drivers, i am 19, i have a civic and an x. i am highly skilled at driving, i have taken the high performance driving classes, i love to drive, its my hobby and my passion. its the ignorant teens who dont understand what they are doing, they just saw someone do it once and want to be like them that #### **** up for the rest of us teens that actually can drive
I agree

RayLCC said:
I voted for teenagers, but only because the specific group that annoys me most kind of fits into that catagory. This may have been mentioned before and it isn't P.C. but the group that annoys me most... The group that I truly feel is the most dangerous on the roads is young women. (ages 16-35) I'm not going to argue the "women drivers" stereotype because I don't believe that just because your female you can't drive. However, It seems that every time I'm tail-gated, cut off, flipped off or see a car weaving all over the road that car almost always is being driven by a distracted, pissed-off or visibly frazzeled young woman. The women talking on the cell phone while applying makeup by the rearview mirror isnt a joke to me because I have literally seen it many times. I drive the speed limit most everywhere I go. And many times I have some young woman ride my bumper for a block or so, pull next to me, flip me off then cut in front of me within inches of taking out my front bumper. And you can't tell me that these women see the drivers they flip off. What happens when the 5'2" 100lb woman flips off a 6'5" 300lb driver and he decides to take her up on her challenge and tracks her down and beats the crap out of her? I'm not saying some men are much better. It's called manners... something a lot of women (and men) seem to forget about when behind the wheel.
Yes I agree Some times I just think were the hell did you lern to drive(going through Buffalo in a bad snow storm then a teenage girl flies by me Im going about 35 like you should be and then 2 miles up the road you see her and her cute-ute being pulled out of the median by a tow truck.

Also just a bit more ranting when people make a left turn and dont stay tiget to the center line so you have to wate for them to turn and when they do they go out then into ther turn

BAH!! I'm an old fart, and I like to drive in the passing lane at 40mph....the heck with you young whippersnappers!!! MANIAC DRIVERS!!!! :p

The thing I hate the most:

Someone going pretty slow on the right. I pass on the left, but then they speed up and won't let me get over easily :mad: All when I didn't tailgate them or do anything

I can not believe this post is still going. I have not been on this site in like 5 months and is still getting replies.? I love it!!!!! :thumbsup:

F14CRAZY said:
The thing I hate the most:

Someone going pretty slow on the right. I pass on the left, but then they speed up and won't let me get over easily :mad: All when I didn't tailgate them or do anything
I love cruise control

I vote for both...

I hate the fact that teenagers think it's a right that they get to drive and get their license. Not so. If I feel like my son in not responsible or mature enough at 16 to get his license, he won't. That's my right as a parent. :D

Older people, I do believe need to get tested after a certain age. I have been rear-ended by a woman at a stoplight, who didn't realize that she had even hit me, and when she saw me get out of my truck, she started asking for directions. :confused: My mother and I made the decision to not let my grandmother drive after my grandfather died. She always hated driving before and we just didn't feel that she had the mental capability to handle the responsibility of driving.

Me? I am the perfect age for driving...many years of experience driving and now have my "slow" car to relax in while I drive. :p

Little bit of an edit, huh Lori?? :D

BTW, I've had the punk kids pull up next to the Mach in a 6 banger and rev...one blip of the Mach's throttle with the Borlas on there and they sink down into the seats and meekly go away :D

JDraper said:

BTW, I've had the punk kids pull up next to the Mach in a 6 banger and rev...one blip of the Mach's throttle with the Borlas on there and they sink down into the seats and meekly go away :D

Maybe a little bit of an edit... ;)

Yeah, I really love it when they pull up to me and rev their engines...I rev mine, pull away from them with a really obnoxious rude noise from my SLP Loudmouths, then slow down so they can catch up, and here it comes the best part....roll my window down and they see that a female drives the car. :eek: :D

Ok, I thought of an even better part than the window thing....when they ask if I want to race, and then....I flash my badge! :eek: The looks on their faces then....lol. :eek: :p

i would have to say its more of the tuner crowd, not really teens, in my truck i have so many ricers pull up beside me and want to race, they rev to 6k+, i rev to 2.5k, run them to the speed limit, im 17 i wouldnt say i drive reakless, its just there are soo many careless teens that ruin it for the rest of us

JDraper said:

Hey hey, if you ever get to LA, watch out for the Explorer GT with the 4.0 emblems

should have been all of the above. i maybe 21 i was sort of a reckless teen but have (sort of) outgrown it haha.

Teens; specifically young female drivers. They tend (statistically) to talk more on cells, pay attention to frivolous things and drive way too fast for conditions.

This post annoyed me quite a bit. To teens, anyone older than them is "OLD PEOPLE". This is a really disgusting term to use. Did you mean Elderly drivers?; did it mean over 30? over 40?.

Annoying drivers come in all ages, but the most dangerous are those who drive too fast for conditions and believe they can judge better than others.

I am a former police officer, and the most horrific accidents I've seen have involved teens and young 20somethings. Judgment was usually impaired by use of alcohol or drugs and they don't know when to admit their weakness or cannot judge their own weaknesses.

I've had training from the CHP and went through the FBI tactical driving course. I understand what it takes to drive a given vehicle in congested areas, know how to handle cars at hight speed and realize that the average truck or car, though able to drive at speeds well over 100mph, are not "safe" to drive at that speed because of the design and components. It takes a real "adult" to admit that they know their limitations.

That said, I find it annoying when "gatekeepers" try to hold back traffic by driving 55 in the fast lane. This is as dangerous as driving too fast for conditions. Courtesy goes a long way to safe conditions on roadways and moving out of the way is not a sign of weakness, but a smart and safe way to drive.

JP

I would have to say teens. Granted old people tend to go slow, but how about the teen driving too fast, talking to boyfriend/girlfriend in an argument, not paying attention to the road? 16 year old killed here over Christmas for that. At least the old ones here know where they're going, no matter how slow. They have driven the curvy roads whereas the teens haven't.

I would've voted old people simply because I believe they are more of a hazard on the roadway, although teens are a close second.

I recall one time going to an accident at a nearby shopping center where this lady in her 70's slammed her car into one of the support pillars. Thankfully, no one was hurt although she f***ed up her car pretty badly. Anyway, she said the reason it happened was because she was trying to stop and got the 2 pedals confused. In other words, she meant to hit the brake pedal but instead floored the gas pedal. :burnout: :eek:

Teens; specifically young female drivers. They tend (statistically) to talk more on cells, pay attention to frivolous things and drive way too fast for conditions.

I think its funny that teenage guys still pay higher insurance.

I think old people are more annoying, and may not be involved in as many accidents, but cause more than they are actually involved in.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Heh, old thread :p

I say it's hard to gauge who's more annoying. Old people do generally drive slower and more cautiously and have the whole impared vision and senses and reflex's from age.....but male teen drivers want to show off to their buddies and female teens....just dont freakin look where they're going....I rode with a female roomate of mine, it was like she didnt fully grasp the concept of driving. One of those people who cant multitask talking and driving and puts priority to the conversation....I shall never ride with her again O.O

Back