Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Terrain Management System fault

Discussion in 'Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion' started by Mac426, February 5, 2016.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Mac426

Mac426 New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2014 Ford Explorer
      Fiance got stuck in the snow today in her 2014 Explorer. Live in a rural location with limited snow removal. Terrain management fault message comes up and can't select a setting to get 4 wheel drive to function properly to get up the hill. I have been up and down numerous times in my pickup but explorer has become a front wheel drive vehicle and need to know if there is anything that can be done to correct the problem. Engine on and off does not reset the system. Is there some way to manually change the setting?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Ayman20

Ayman20 New Member

City, State:
      Montreal
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2016 explorer XLT AWD
      Had the same problem in heavy snow day

Couldn't find the issue I will take it to the dealer