That sad day has come | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

That sad day has come

That looks great, and it even had the brake sensor fuse in it. Good work.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

good work, i like seeing these revival threads.

Well I will say it’s official. It ran, and drove down and back up my street today. I ended up changing the passengers valve cover (I kinda bent the one that was on my motor I guess). Also, a new problem deicide to show itself. I have a P0174 (lean bank 2) as well as if it idles for a while, it will want to stall. After looking at some symptoms I think I may have put the wrong MAF in it and may have to change it because I think the code is related to the stalling .

Make sure you don't have any exhaust leaks in front of the O2 sensor on that bank too, exhaust leaks can make air get sucked in the exhaust and cause false lean conditions.
If the Maf doesn't fix it get me Long and short term fuel trims from both banks, at Idle and 2,000 rpms.

Well I think I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and it’s not a freight train coming at me either. Last week 4pointslow has been helping me figure out what was wrong with this thing. Knowing evils motor ran great when I pulled it (3 years ago mind you) and everything seemed to run good before I pulled eddies motor, he asked me to send him some short term and long term fuel trims. Lucky for me, a buddy has a scan tool that will read that and more. After shooting a short video of what they were doing (and they were WAY out) I had by chance seen #8 injector has a fault (was not pulsing). 4point suggested I look for broken wires, and a big vacuume leak someplace. Well I found em! When I was pulling the motor most of the plugs were very brittle. The clips that clip onto the injectors had broke on bank one. I had replaced them, but didn’t notice the clip on bank two for #8 was also broken and the weather pack was pushing the clip off the injector. After replacing it, I also swapped #8 and #5 injectors to sew in the fault followed as well. Now if there was a vacuume leak, I also think the pvc valve had pulled out while I was wreastling the intake back on. I notice that when I was just about to bolt the upper back down by jiggling the hose and it didn’t feel like it was in the hole. After doing all that, I plugged the scanner back in and fired it back up. No codes, no rough idle, and runs like a top! I have a few other things I can now move on to that need addressing, then I can finally put a temporary insurance paper on it, and drive it for a bit.

<<engine hoist>>. it gets used......lots. another story for another time, for another person

i just saw this....Guess where the hoist is right now? My place.
I'm pretty sure I have gotten more use out of Tim's hoist than Tim. That's a very sad truth.

i just saw this....Guess where the hoist is right now? My place.
I'm pretty sure I have gotten more use out of Tim's hoist than Tim. That's a very sad truth.

ah yes, however i am envious on one thing with your situation, and thats who is solving your problem. i wished i would have found that builder back when i did the 347. when (if) i have enough cash, i WILL be dropping my next motor off at his feet.

LOL. The 'if' part of the equation on the cash is a question of 'How?' for me now.

The days of declining disposable income will make this interesting. Although, with the cost of gaskets every time I do this, it can be justified (Like anything I suppose).

LOL. The 'if' part of the equation on the cash is a question of 'How?' for me now.

The days of declining disposable income will make this interesting. Although, with the cost of gaskets every time I do this, it can be justified (Like anything I suppose).

Ditto. My first engine I paid to have done was the 347 for about $4500 complete. Now that looks like closer to a mid $5k to buy now, and that's a stock block. A dart block is a few hundred more than they used to be, heads are closer to $1500(were about $1200). So it's easy to see a SBF costing $7500 now, ouch. Modular engine builds have been $6000 and up forever, I think we're all up there now.

today is the day i scribble on the calendar, that i DROVE evil eddie today. yes, that day finally came! this thing rides like your driving you living room couch down the road! that or i have got to used to driving a stiff as hell lowered explorer that you can feel the tire roll over a pebble. that or a bouncy ranger. one of the two.
anyway, it was both to see how happy everything is, and to also do some more stuff to it. the windshield had a big 'ol bullseye in it and some stone chips as well. couldnt leave it like that, so

33022001_10155299138727513_845777406743543808_n.jpg

enter new mr. windsheild. good thing i used to do these when i was a bodyman for a living. bad thing i was in better shape then i am now.....

32945177_10155299138887513_6010493743600238592_n.jpg

32965834_10155299138997513_4715408318984617984_n.jpg

and the next thing to be done to it.

32933774_10155299139252513_5089138952695185408_n.jpg

free potato chips to anyone that wants some! yanked out the seats, and console. wasnt too bad. you have to also remember. this thing died on celly in the middle of the winter. and anyone that has lived through a few full blown canadian winters knows its almost impossible to keep your cars/trucks clean on the inside. i really want to do a full blown joe dirt clean up on it, however, there are no car washes around me that i can hang the carpet, i also dont have a pressure washer, and i also dont have a place to hang it while it dries, so i am going to soak that crap out of it with stain remover, scrub it with a brush and then power clean it with the little green brissell carpet machine i have, and some laundry detergent (she will smell like gain for months) but that will have to wait until the sun comes back out tomorrow

32982610_10155299139302513_518012651201101824_n.jpg

Nice work VroomZoomBoom!
It looks like it coming around to be one sweet daily driver!
What are your plans for it? Sell it or drive it?

hate to say it, but it will be sold. i have evil which pretty much only gets driven around town for maybe 10 mins at a time, and 007, my ranger which is my daily driver. my son wanted it at first, but i know he wont be able to afford the gas for it, and he also has a 00 sport as well. no room, need the cash as well

If its rust free I'll give you 3,000 if you deliver it. LOL

now the interior is done and all back in

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

cleaned up nice to. the panel for the factory sub no longer wants to be a team player however. the clips that hold it are missing, so i either figure out some way to keep it from falling off (tried 2 sided velco, didnt work) or rob one from one of the parts trucks.
tomorrow i will try and work on the hatch and door jams, as well as visit the car wash.

Well done! I really love the dark graphite gray interior color, over the light gray. Celly always kept the EB up with many options and it was one of my favorite 2nd gen on here. Someone will get a nice truck.

Very nice, well done.

I second that "like" on the interior color. It really is nice looking.
Are those seats more comfortable than the cloth or is it the other way around?
Both mine have the cloth so I never experienced what the leather feels like.

I second that "like" on the interior color. It really is nice looking.
Are those seats more comfortable than the cloth or is it the other way around?
Both mine have the cloth so I never experienced what the leather feels like.

cant say i have driven it lots. just around town, and to my buddys thats about 10-15 mins away. to me, i cant get comfortable in them. might have to find tune them for my ass crack. my ranger also has leather, but i am very comfortable in that truck. evil has cloth, and i can be comfortable in them, BUT not for hours on end. like a few road trips i have made in the past here and there.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

today was bath day. first time it has been washed if you dont count rain since christmas. hell, the windshield didnt even leak! and i havent done one in almost 3 years so i am kinda out of practice......or am i?

1.jpg
2.jpg

yes, i pretty much returned it to stock. shame on me. however, i didnt want to put it up for sale and let all the rare, and modified parts go to somebody who doesnt have a clue as to what they are.

Back