The 4.0 Swap was chump change compared to this - Look inside... | Page 40 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The 4.0 Swap was chump change compared to this - Look inside...

yeah Eric certainly has more balls than brains haha. you should come out and go wheeling with us Rick, it would be a good time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

im a little pissed at myself, I went over to get the rear axle back under the bdos and when I was there realized I had left the regulator on my welder on for about a week, yeah Ive got no more gas and there is nowhere to fill it until monday. I did get the old shock mounts cut off and the tubes cleaned up. I'm going to get the axle centered and the pinion angle set, tack the perches in place and pull it back out, weld the perches and the axle tubes in place, maybe ill design my shock mounts while its under there too. gotta get moving on this thing, I want to wheel it. also need to drive to Utah and get a trailer load of dom. We are getting a good deal on it so we have quite a few people buying tube for their rigs, hopefully that translates into some cage building work for Eric and I, we do already have one guy that wants us to build a cage for him.

got the gas bottles all filled up, not sure when im going to be able to go work on the bdos, maybe tomorrow night.

got the gas bottles all filled up, not sure when im going to be able to go work on the bdos, maybe tomorrow night.

Couple hours cutting 2x4s on Thursday, couple hours in the evening working on the Bdos.

Sounds like a good plan to me

Yeah well we could skip he 2x4 cutting and make mark do it. Then we could also shoot guns. I cleaned my pistol and used atf mixed w motor oil as a lubricant, it slides pretty slick.

hey look I did something,

598de2ce.jpg

went over to the shop to put a toyota doubler together and realized I didn't have the right tools. so I worked on the bdos a bit, centered the axle and set the pinion angle and welded the perches up, got the brake lines attached but I didn't have any fluid. also need to build some shock mounts for the axle, I added a shock mount cross member inside the frame a few weeks ago so that I can inboard them. with the stiffness that these JK shocks are for the weight of my rig I can stand to lose some of the shocks effectiveness, but hopefully that will smooth the ride out a little bit.

288350a2.jpg

55ccd77c.jpg

Looks awesome...

Yep, looks good. Does that rear DS have to be lengthened?

No thats the new tom woods driveshaft

I'm going to have the bdos done this weekend in anticipation of wheeling on the 4th of July, which also happens to be my birthday, can't get on a golf course that day, may as well go wheel. I would be working on it right now but my kid brother is getting married in an hour, how dare he mess up my wrenching plans.

can't get on a golf course that day, may as well go wheel

Wait one minute, are you saying that you'd rather hit a little ball around then go wheel?
That is just so wrong. Are the tree huggers getting to ya?

But happy Birthday regardless.

Wait one minute, are you saying that you'd rather hit a little ball around then go wheel?
That is just so wrong. Are the tree huggers getting to ya?

But happy Birthday regardless.

it used to be a birthday tradition for me to go golfing, but my kid brother is the only one I golf with, and he is a BLM firefighter, so needless to say he will be working. If I get the bdos done, which I should then ill go get my wheel on.

And Rick... I'd have to be in a body bag for the tree huggers to get me haha.

bdos is ready to rock, need to fill the tcases back up and ill slip some hose over the breather on the front one. After this run I'm going to take the cases back out and reseal them, also put some locktite on the clocking plate bolts, I'm told they come loose pretty easy. get ready for some awesome wheeling pics, its gonna be a fun one.

EF needs a like button..

The World is waiting............................

Bronco is home, it drove great, no vibrations or anything. Stoked to wheel tomorrow

Today is tomorrow, where's the pics, where's the pics?
Hopefully there's no massive carnage.

Bad news. Jon built it all wrong. Once it finally started he realized that his muffler bearing was going out AND he was low on blinker and halogen fluid and didn't have anymore, so he decided to go home...

I also told him to keep an extra flux capacitor around just incase his died, but as usual he didn't listen to me so now he's waiting on parts as well...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The bdos wheels great, until it overheats haha. I need to track down some gremlins but it was fun. My dad came and took a zillion pics but ill have to get them from him. Should have some up tonight.

Back