The Ford order/build/deliver timeline. | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Ford order/build/deliver timeline.

Ordered an Explorer Limited today 1/22/16

First vehicle we've ever ordered before. Hoping it doesn't really take 3-4 months that the dealership suggested.
It shouldn't take that long. At least I hope not. They start accepting orders for the 2017 on March 14 with the production scheduled to start on June 6th.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ordered an Explorer Limited today 1/22/16

First vehicle we've ever ordered before. Hoping it doesn't really take 3-4 months that the dealership suggested.

If it helps, we ordered our Limited on November 19 and it arrived at our dealer yesterday.

If it helps, we ordered our Limited on November 19 and it arrived at our dealer yesterday.
Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
It used to be that 6-8 weeks was the normal period and considering the plant closed for a short time for the holidays, you fall right into that time frame.
Congratulations on the new Limited.:):thumbsup:

BTW your profile shows 2014 Fusion. If you still have that please add the Limited to your signature so we all know what you have when we reply to your posts. Thanks.

Peter

It used to be that 6-8 weeks was the normal period and considering the plant closed for a short time for the holidays, you fall right into that time frame.

BTW your profile shows 2014 Fusion. If you still have that please add the Limited to your signature so we all know what you have when we reply to your posts. Thanks.

Peter

I will when we take delivery. It came in with a broken back window so we are still waiting. (as patiently as possible)

Peter

I will when we take delivery. It came in with a broken back window so we are still waiting. (as patiently as possible)

Just had mine delivered!

Fresh from factory!

2016 Sport
jv5f9t.jpg

Finally!!!! We get our Limited tomorrow!!!

I probably won't sleep tonight, I am so excited. I will post pictures and add it to my profile tmorrow. It was ordered in November.

2016 Ford Explorer Sport 401A package

I ordered my vehicle on Tuesday Dec 16, just got the confirmation email that I now have a VIN and will be delivered to my dealership on Feb 22. So I'm looking at about 9 weeks. Which isn't bad considering the plants shut down for the Christmas and New Year holiday weeks.

I ordered my vehicle on Tuesday Dec 16, just got the confirmation email that I now have a VIN and will be delivered to my dealership on Feb 22. So I'm looking at about 9 weeks. Which isn't bad considering the plants shut down for the Christmas and New Year holiday weeks.

I placed my order on 12/11/15. Dealer also told me 9 weeks, but still does not have ETA. Maybe there is something written on a window sticker but I can't understand all the codes. How did you find out the date that it will be delivered?

I ordered mine 12/11/15, got a Vin sticker on 1/22/16 with a built date of 1201601301024. I am guessing that the built date is 1/30/16. Is that the built date when the vehicle starts to be built, or is it when it is already built? What is the next step? How do I find out ETA? or date of delivery?

I ordered mine 12/11/15, got a Vin sticker on 1/22/16 with a built date of 1201601301024. I am guessing that the built date is 1/30/16. Is that the built date when the vehicle starts to be built, or is it when it is already built? What is the next step? How do I find out ETA? or date of delivery?
Your dealer should be able to get the ETA. The build date is the actual date it is built. It only takes a few hours, if that.

Peter

Hi guys I am shopping for a 16 sport, is there a "prices paid" thread in this forum? If not we need to start one.

Hi guys I am shopping for a 16 sport, is there a "prices paid" thread in this forum? If not we need to start one.
There is no thread on 'Prices Paid' although there individual threads/posts in the Discussion sub forum. Personally I do not see a need for a specific thread since prices are 'all over the map'. I have no interest in knowing what someone else paid since everyone has their own specific financial situation. Also, the prices will to some degree depend on the individual dealerships and the $$ that they have to get on a deal to make their dealership viable. Interest rate change constantly, especially if leasing, and then there are the different plans and ever changing rebates. I go to my salesman and we sit down and exchange figures. If I'm happy I go for it, if not I walk. So far I haven't had to walk.
In any case, there is nothing to stop you from starting such a thread if you feel the need.

Peter

Well, it seems I will not be picking mine up today. It is going to be Tuesday now.

Your dealer should be able to get the ETA. The build date is the actual date it is built. It only takes a few hours, if that.

Peter

Still no ETA date. Dealer said that it could be around 30 days after the vehicle is produced and shipped the final destination. ETA date will be available 2 weeks before the car gets to dealership.

I placed my order on 12/11/15. Dealer also told me 9 weeks, but still does not have ETA. Maybe there is something written on a window sticker but I can't understand all the codes. How did you find out the date that it will be delivered?

My salesman reached out to me. I wasn't in any rush for a new car, he emailed me the VIN and the estimated arrival date. Good luck!

My salesman reached out to me. I wasn't in any rush for a new car, he emailed me the VIN and the estimated arrival date. Good luck!

I called my dealer this morning but there is no ETA date. They will only give that out once it is ready to be shipped and then estimate the time. He said that it could be staying there for a week or two, without any action.

Days after delivery!

35itajb.jpg

Detailed photos coming soon!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Days after delivery!

35itajb.jpg

Detailed photos coming soon!

Congrats on the X Sports. Good looking color, hopefully it does not attract too much dust and dirt and stays cooler in summer.

Back