The Green Buffalo | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Green Buffalo

Note -- Most of you know this as easys94 .The rig did not have a name, I got to make a major run - Moab 2015. The rig got its name there. Anthony (aka Suicide77) is one that put the tag on it. So it will be the Green Buffalo or just the Buffalo for short

I picked up a 94 EB 2d last night from Jay in Plano Tx. I need to thank Jay for all the work he has put into this rig. Hopefully I can keep it going. I also need to thank Kris Guilbeaux and Mike(TexasArmadillio) for puting me on to this last week at the meet in Elgin. I wasnt looking for a new rig, but after hearing them talk about it , I had to check it out - now its mine:D

Mike (reaper) and I took it out to city lake earlier and gave it a little test run,they had most of the trails closed(dont know why) but still had fun. Its AWESOME.
Mike has some pics he will post in a little.

This one I took at the house
010.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

i just noticed in the pic of you changing the power window motor this eb sport has the leather seat delete option.... i love the rare optioned explorers such as this one...

I didn't think I would, but man do I miss this rig! After 15 years, you kinda get attached I guess. I makes me happy to see that it is being used (it just sat in storage mostly while I owned it) and fixed up like ti deserved to be.

Someday I will need to come down and ride shotgun on one of your outtings.

I didn't think I would, but man do I miss this rig! After 15 years, you kinda get attached I guess. I makes me happy to see that it is being used (it just sat in storage mostly while I owned it) and fixed up like ti deserved to be.

Someday I will need to come down and ride shotgun on one of your outtings.

Jay you are more than welcome to come down, I would be more than happy to ride shotgun for you .

Any updates on the truck? Hope she is treating you well.

Any updates on the truck? Hope she is treating you well.

I got the winch bumber, have it primed and painted. I hope to get it mounted soon(maybe tomorrow).

By the way Jay where did you say to get the hummer rims, still havent got them yet.

I got the winch bumber, have it primed and painted. I hope to get it mounted soon(maybe tomorrow).

By the way Jay where did you say to get the hummer rims, still havent got them yet.

The set of Rims/Tires that are on the truck now came from Trail Worthy Fab out of Wichita KS. You see others sellers pop up from time to time, but this guy has consistent inventory and great prices. The owner is Todd, he is 406 YJ on the Pirate4x4 site. If you contact him directly though that site for a quote you will usually get a better deal then the website. Though maybe not for just a couple rims.

If you are getting rims, I would also get the PVC inserts. The other 4 don't have them, but the guys on pirate claim it is a worthy investment.

Make sure to get some pics up of the bumper, I am excited to see how that turns out.

Nice! Now you need the matching one for the rear.

That is one mean machine.

Dang!!! That looks good!!! :smoke: (sorry for being so late, but you know how my work load has been going lately)

+1 Except for the work bit:D

Sweet as!!!

I'am still around. just put new winch on the X. Recon 10,500

Mike came out and helped,and for once everything went as easy as could be.

94X005.jpg

94X010.jpg

94X011.jpg

I have the new rims and inserts, will be get them put together soon. Also have inserts for all wheels. Will be fun getting all that done.

It was fun working with ya hooking up your winch, bro!! And everything went smooth, that was scary. I was also surprised how far of a range the wireless remote for the winch had, full lenth of the rope.

I've wondered what you've been up too?

Juggling more fur balls than a constipated cat.

Back