The "I can't wait" thread | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The "I can't wait" thread

Hi all, I'm another new member, but have been reading all the '11 Ex posts for a while now. My current delivery date for my XLT is 14 Feb (pushed back from 07 Feb-I can only imagine what our vehicles looked like sitting in Chicago with 20" of snow on them). This will be my fourth Ex I've owned through the years. I'm very anxious, as most everyone is, to experience all that has been talked about. I'm slightly concerned about MFT, but trust Ford will support any issues related to it. As a former auto guy who worked with Ford for 11 years (including the Ex), I hope Ford hits a home run with this and many other newly launched (or soon to be launched) vehicles.
Hello to one of our newest members and welcome to the 'waiting room'. :wavey:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi everyone, nice to meet y'all. I brought a little something to munch on while we wait :D. I have a VIN# and Feb21st build-date. With a little bit of luck (and a whole less snow) I would think my Ex should be in Florida on the first or second week in March.

free-krispy-kreme-donuts.jpg

I'm in the Orlando area and ordered on 1/28. From reading everyones projections I see I have a while to wait and am relieved to see I'm not the only one with great anticipation.

I'm surprised how amenable your dealers seem to having you call and get updates, mine said not to "bug" her and that shed let me know when it arrived. She said 90 days at the least. I was a little put off by her statement and now after reading your posts I'm angry. I'm the customer for crying out loud.

Fortunately there's a resource like Seni to help us out, I can't wait to hear from him!

I'm surprised how amenable your dealers seem to having you call and get updates, mine said not to "bug" her and that shed let me know when it arrived. She said 90 days at the least. I was a little put off by her statement and now after reading your posts I'm angry. I'm the customer for crying out loud.

I suppose it all depends on the deal you got too. If you took them to the cleaners and got out of there with anything under invoice before any incentives then I'd give her a little leeway. However, if they stuck you with MSRP I'd be breathing down her neck for updates. If this is the case, remind her there are other Ford dealerships in the world and a one-way ticket to fly 4 hours and pick one up/drive it back is still much cheaper if you got invoice for it.

My dealer didn't call me once in 5.5 months. I contacted him 3 times over the same period. In fact, the third time was 1 hour ago. I stopped at the dealership because I was expecting it to come in this week, possibly today even. Lo and behold, guess what came today and I didn't get a phone call? I refrained from slapping him after he threw me the keys to take it for a drive while he got the paperwork together. "Actually we just got some in today and another salesman said one was a white XLT, it's probably yours." Oh really? I wait 5.5 months and you "THINK" it might be mine? Get your @ss back there and find out!!! :D

It was late and wasn't detailed yet and I was ok with picking it up tomorrow. No sleep for me tonight :thumbsup:

mine said not to "bug" her

Unless you got the deal of the century, I would bug her one last time for my deposit refund. Lots of dealers that want to provide service. I doubt any will talk to you ten times a week, but some contact should be just fine.

It was late and wasn't detailed yet and I was ok with picking it up tomorrow. No sleep for me tonight :thumbsup:

I was starting to think mine might arrive before yours! :) Congrats and enjoy.

My build date...is today!

I had the xplan, but they still make a small profit. I still think there's little excuse for that behavior as it is people us who spread the word of our experiences. If you provide crappy service, xplan or not, then you disregard the word of mouth that could send future business your way. While I may rally for Ford, I certainly wouldn't be inclined to send anyone to this particular salesman.

I dunno, seemed rude. I've spent $30 in a restaurant and had service that makes you feel like royalty. I would think spending $30K should merit you at least a few phone calls, some understanding, and a little common courtesy.

But as I said earlier, the resources I needed are here instead and nothing can stop my excitement at this point. Congrats to all of you who are getting yours now. All my envy.

I had the xplan, but they still make a small profit. I still think there's little excuse for that behavior as it is people us who spread the word of our experiences. If you provide crappy service, xplan or not, then you disregard the word of mouth that could send future business your way. While I may rally for Ford, I certainly wouldn't be inclined to send anyone to this particular salesman.

I dunno, seemed rude. I've spent $30 in a restaurant and had service that makes you feel like royalty. I would think spending $30K should merit you at least a few phone calls, some understanding, and a little common courtesy.

But as I said earlier, the resources I needed are here instead and nothing can stop my excitement at this point. Congrats to all of you who are getting yours now. All my envy.

After I read your initial post, my first thought was that she is being short-sighted. Word-of-mouth can go a long way in either direction. I'm buying mine on X-plan as well, but the dealership was super helpful and patient with me as if I had been buying MSRP. I'm telling everyone to buy from them and the name of the salesperson who helped me. And, where I'm located, we have four or five Ford dealerships in an easy drive and many more in a slightly longer drive, so people have a choice.

Oh, and it's not because we have so many in the area that the salesperson was nice. The first dealership I went to was the one in town and I went by myself (I'm female) one weekday afternoon. The salesperson refused to open the door of the Flex out on the lot I was there to see (it was last August and I didn't know if I was going to wait to see the new Ex), and overall refused to engage me in conversation. I'd thought I'd driven into 1960 when I drove into their lot! Trust me, everyone knows that, too!

It is wonderful that there are people from Ford who are willing to help out others to track their purchases.

I'm scheming to do just that. Why must we work for a living?!

Lucky, lucky! when did you order Scott?

Lucky, lucky! when did you order Scott?

Very lucky is absolutely right, David. I ordered on 1/5/11, and my dealer had immediate allocation which he very graciously used for my Retail order (he certainly didn't have to). The timing worked perfectly. Exactly 6 weeks order to delivery.

Hopefully that will be more the pattern going forward. I feel very bad for some folks that ordered early and have had much longer waits due to dealer order handling or allocation. :(

I just heard that my explorer is on Ramp 6 waiting for shipment (original deliver date was 2-14-11 before the blizzard), but my salesman told me that yesterday (2-14-11) Ford temporarily stopped shipment. We will see...

Grrrrrrr

Called my salesman to have him get me my numbers since mine was supposed to hit the line yesterday. Finance lady is off Tuesday :(

I have numbers from another dealer already, so they should match. I'm only waiting because that Ex is like 9800 in build sequence and I sort of want to avoid early issues.

Waiting for resolution of early issues is one of the few consolations for having to wait for a later build date (or so I tell myself). Mine won't be built until March!

Wow..I ordered in Sept! I knew I'd have to wait this long, but when I read someone can place an order in Jan and deliver in Feb, that is very lucky. Congrats Scott. I've had three estimated delivery dates, which have all passed. (latest being yesterday, but no call yet from the dealer..ugh) I keep thinking any day now my phone will ring. I'm picking mine up in MI (driving an older car up there and selling it to a family member), and driving the new Ex down to NC, so it will have 600 miles on it before it sees the garage for the first time.

Wow..I ordered in Sept! I knew I'd have to wait this long, but when I read someone can place an order in Jan and deliver in Feb, that is very lucky. Congrats Scott. I've had three estimated delivery dates, which have all passed. (latest being yesterday, but no call yet from the dealer..ugh) I keep thinking any day now my phone will ring. I'm picking mine up in MI (driving an older car up there and selling it to a family member), and driving the new Ex down to NC, so it will have 600 miles on it before it sees the garage for the first time.

Sorry WingsfaninNC. I know my order experience has been exceptional, and I truly wish all could go as well.

This is the third vehicle I've ordered from my dealer, and while they have not all been delivered so quickly, the dealership has never failed to do for me all the things they can control (use allocation for Retail orders, use a Priority 10).

My limited is on it's way!! Long way to Alberta so I am thinking it will be another 10 days. Hopefully.

I think I am going to like the keyless entry the most. I hate having to hit a key fob or use keys when approaching the vehicle to get in. I had this in my beamer and loved it.

So to put pictures on the center stack do you use a USB drive and leave it plugged in? There is no hd right?

No, you upload the pix to the MFT system. I'm not sure if it has a hard drive or a memory chip built in. You don't leave the memory stick in place.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

WELL i finally got my delivery date moved up to what was first told to me 2/21/11, it is getting to the dealer on 2/16/11 i ordered it on 1/5/11 ltd golden bronze with the pecan intrerior. turning in my 2008 cts4 hotlava color with ebony interior with the bose system and it only has 19k mlies on it. but i have always been an suv guy, the cts4 nice but not for this side of town NJ when it snow like it has lately you can't drive it. you look like a snow plow it's so low in the front. and the ltd explorer has alot more button gadgets than the cts4 so the 6 to 8 wks was rite on the money. and to SENI from ford c/s was the best help to keep me posted on the updates to the production of MY BEAUTIFUL 2011 LTD EXPLORER!! SO GOOD LUCK TO ALL STILL WAITING AND TO THOSE WHO HAVE ONE GOD BLESS AND ENJOY!!!!!

Back