The "I can't wait" thread | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The "I can't wait" thread

Happy Happy Joy Joy!! My Ex has been built! Looks like on 03 07 11. I wish I could just drive over to the plant and get it...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:thumbsup: Congrats Gabella! I wonder how long before you get it since you're so close? I wish they would hurry up and build mine!

:thumbsup: Congrats Gabella! I wonder how long before you get it since you're so close? I wish they would hurry up and build mine!

No kidding! It can't take long one would hope.

Congrats

I emailed my sales rep and he said the system this morning shows an ETA of next week! Hooray!

rnmomx2 - i hope they build yours soon!

No wonder it's not there, it'll never get built if they wait until the 42nd of Feb! :p:

Maybe I should put in a new order and see which one gets here first :D

You guys are tough :rolleyes:

I missed a 2:

My main point was that my dealer has a unit that was built 'today' and mine is not here yet.

I missed a 2:

My main point was that my dealer has a unit that was built 'today' and mine is not here yet.

Just giving you a hard time :)

I saw your point. Honestly it frustrates me. If they are building more still and releasing them, why aren't the built units moving? Imagine you were to talk a friend into the new ex and they get theirs first by ordering six weeks after you.

I missed a 2:

Mine was also was 20110224 and the dealership called me to say it was just delivered. Picking it up Monday! :bounce::bounce:

Good News for YOU!! WHAT WAS YOUR ORDER & BUILD DATES?

Good News for YOU!! WHAT WAS YOUR ORDER & BUILD DATES?
Ordered Dec. 20th, just before the factory 3 week holiday shutdown. Build date was Feb 21st and came off the assembly line on Feb. 24th. On March 2nd it was at the Markham IL. train yards awaiting loading onto a CN rail car. It arrived in Brampton, Ontario on March 8th. Was put on a transport and left the Toronto area on the afternoon of the 10th and at the dealership in Casselman, Ontario on the 11th.

Hey all,

This is Seni with Ford Customer Service. I see that many of you have questions about the current hold. Please be assured, that we are doing what we can to get your vehicles out to you, as soon as we can. However, we occasionally discover issues during production, particularly during ramp-up. If you are experiencing delays in delivery, we may be holding your vehicle for inspection to ensure that you receive a vehicle of the highest quality. Thank you for your patience as this gets resolved. Please feel free to check in with your dealer as they may have updated information for you as production gets back on track.

Seni

My new Explorer had an ETA of yesterday (in NJ) but as of right now it hasn't arrived, and the dealer can't say where it is, or when it actually will arrive. Very frustrating. Isn't there a way to accurately track where these things are (as one would with, say, a UPS shipment)?

My new Explorer had an ETA of yesterday (in NJ) but as of right now it hasn't arrived, and the dealer can't say where it is, or when it actually will arrive. Very frustrating. Isn't there a way to accurately track where these things are (as one would with, say, a UPS shipment)?

I'm also in NJ and mine was awaiting shipping as well, ETA was 3/7. I just got an update that Norfolk Southern received their pickup orders this past Sunday, so it should be moving this week. Perhaps yours will be on the same train.

Thanks for that info -- sounds like it might be a few more days. Just out of curiosity, where did you get the news about the Norfolk Southern train? My dealer seems a bit out of the loop on the whereabouts of the Ex.

My original ETA was 3/5. It came and passed. Then I was told 3/13 for sure. That came and went.

I learned from my dealer, who reluctantly searched out the location that it is in Louisville, KY. She warned that even though it's in transit, the convoy trucks sometimes sit for days at any particular dealership waiting for inbound vehicles that need transporting along it's route. Is this true? Kinda throws off the ETA, it's really more of a sloppy guess with a wide margin of error.

I would think any truck out delivering Ex's would be told by Ford to burn rubber getting the product to the long waiting and patient customers who believe in their product. Forget Flexes looking to hitch hike it around to better markets.

I don't know if she was just giving me some grisly worst case scenario to keep me at bay, but it's getting difficult to get excited anymore with so many passed dates, and then having complete days eaten up waiting by the phone.

But I think maybe I'm preaching to the choir here. I know we're all in the same boat.

So, are most of you getting your Ex's later than the ETA or are they more on time? Is the ETA, like the build date, just the "week of" time frame.

FINALLY!!!!

Got the call a little bit ago. It's here! Can't get it till tomorrow (prep/wash/gas). I'm seriously tempted to go look at it tonight even if I can't take it! I won't...but I want to.

One month from build date (the real one) to delivery. I still am bitter about the lack of details. I hope it all fades when I slide into the seat (that I don't need the heat on nearly as much as when I ordered).

FINALLY!!!!

Got the call a little bit ago. It's here! Can't get it till tomorrow (prep/wash/gas). I'm seriously tempted to go look at it tonight even if I can't take it! I won't...but I want to.

One month from build date (the real one) to delivery. I still am bitter about the lack of details. I hope it all fades when I slide into the seat (that I don't need the heat on nearly as much as when I ordered).

Yay!! Congratulations!!

As for my March 7 build Ex, 30-odd miles never felt so far away...

And the wait is over for me. For those still waiting...it's worth it!

explorer.jpg

I am still waiting for a VIN and build date . Seni just sent me the message I did not want. Still waiting,ordered on Feb 22.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back