Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

The modulator was replaced, and now it won't shift.

Discussion in 'Transmissions & Transfer Cases' started by mark cole, June 14, 2018.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. mark cole

mark cole New Member

City, State:
      gates
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      94 explored
      ok so ive got a 94 explorer i was getting a transmission fluid in my engine. i thought to my self thats not possible but guess what it is lol so turns out the vacuum moglator was bad so i clanged it and now it wont shift out of first gear. FML so i do some more reading and the vac mod is adjustable of so i start adjusting it no change at all any help.

yes it was shifting fine before i changed the part
      yes its got transmission fluid in it.
      it also shifts hard in to reverse now

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Brooklyn, NY
      88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
      Welcome to this forum! Your thread was renamed, and moved into the transmissions & transfer cases section. Did you remember to replace the pin when you installed the new modulator?

4. 974X4BLACKSPORT

974X4BLACKSPORT Member

City, State:
      HUDSON
      BLACK 1997 SPORT 4 BY 4
      Sounds like the vacuum modulator is not getting vacuum, or the valve is stuck. At low vacuum, or no vacuum like WOT, the modulator moves a valve that raises fluid pressure, and shifts to a lower gear like when passing. Pull the modulator and make sure the valve inside the transmission move freely, and that nothing is blocking vacuum to the diaphragm.

5. transman304

transman304 Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Morgantown WV
      2001 Honda Accord
      E5301CC7-B5AC-45E9-AC1F-14DBE719C7A4.png Make sure the pin is in there. Easy to miss.

• Like Like x 1