The product of my mind 7.3 psd 1st gen | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The product of my mind 7.3 psd 1st gen

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There's a First gen Ex out there somewhere that has a Volvo 5 cylinder turbo diesel in it; claims 36 MPG highway. Bolted to the a4ld with an adapter plate. Zero to 60 in 7 seconds, not bad for a knock monster.

Le'me see if I can find the thing... ..

I am actually looking forward to seeing this if you can find it. It's interesting you mention that because I was told by a buddy of mine why not consider going something along the lines of a Volvo conversion. I shyed away from that idea since I am not too farmilar with Volvo. Might have to reconsider my thoughts here come this summer.

That Kabota swap is actually pretty cool. My problem here in Commiefornia is trying to make that street legal. I don't think there is anything street legal that runs Kabota other than ag equipment and that has special provisions which dictate them only going a short distance from farm to farm.

It would be interesting to know what kind of torque he is getting out of that...

If you get a chance, rent a 2000+ year volvo S60 with the 5cyl turbo diesel and you'll see why it would make a kick but motor for the ex.

Amazing little motor. Very well organized and compact under the hood.

That post with the Ex that had the Volvo in it was just text.

So no real help and definitely not a how-to or even the slightest hint of problems encountered, or things to consider.

He was just brag'n on it, but it was an interesting read.

He was a Volvo freak, not a Ford or even an Ex fan.

He just thought every car should have that engine.

He had also put it in several other cars even a 65 stang.

I'm no Volvo fan but I have to admit, it is a pretty slick engine.

Felt like bumping an old thread been along while with my girl still in peices but quiet the work done as soon as I get some pics posted you won't be disappointed in what rests between the framerails

Bump thread I got some sweet inspirational work done after a few years and life Lol..
Put the body on the Mayans way and to my amazement my measurements were almost dead on as to where i wanted the enexpected behemouth engine I'm far far from driving starting or even having this thing done but I have did something know one has put in an explorer that I have found. The lack of pics is due to a broke cell phone here's what it used to look like

856301_570685463028041_349110561_o.jpg

3 years ago the junky v6 and 3rd e40d had to teach her who's muscles where bigger p.s. I'm winning

IMG_20140824_191721.jpg

Told you we where certified 4 teenagers a explorer, wood and a bronco and then you realize the new house backyard becomes a swamp in the winter not recomeended to do on dirt

901958_522002694584415_504027445682274974_o.jpg

I didn't have the body near the frame when I got sazaww happy but it needed a bigger tunnel anywho

IMG_20171229_140331.jpg

Hopefully it don't set to much longer before I get it finished but never know

IMG_20171229_140436.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back