The SoCal RBV's Club Various Upcoming Meet and Greets | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The SoCal RBV's Club Various Upcoming Meet and Greets

Since my explorers leaf springs are under the axle. How can I life the rear more? I already have a set of shackles on it that is helping. But but I want a little bit more.
And I need taller shocks for the front and rear. Dose anyone know where I can get them for a good price?

What I have now are 31x10.5 tires with front tortion keys and rear shackles. Totaly of 4 inch lift in the rear and 5.5 in the front. But I want to go at least another 3 all the way around any help?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Since my explorers leaf springs are under the axle. How can I life the rear more? I already have a set of shackles on it that is helping. But but I want a little bit more.
And I need taller shocks for the front and rear. Dose anyone know where I can get them for a good price?

What I have now are 31x10.5 tires with front tortion keys and rear shackles. Totaly of 4 inch lift in the rear and 5.5 in the front. But I want to go at least another 3 all the way around any help?

3" body lift?

..Although your comment is totally off topic of this thread, this is one of the best reasons for showing up to these meet and greets..Ask questions from the guys who have already done these mod's and see their trucks in person..;)

..You can learn so much and find some really good deals from the new network of people you will meet..:biggthump

..Or, you could just start your own thread and use the search function..:dunno:

When's the next meet anyways? What r u guys doing this weekend or next?

...See post #261 on previous page..;)

..Just a little over a week away and hoping to hear some more confirmations on who is in..:popcorn:

About an 80% chance that Chris and I will make it. Most likely with just one Ex.

I'm probably in.... JP is most likely on DD duty next week while the F-150 goes in to get fixed:( However Maybe I'll wait till after next weekend to take it in.:rolleyes:

Edit: JP is out...if I come down it will probably be in the 4th gen. I just opened a can of worms on JP, I smelled gear oil I thought on the way home from work today, so I just went down and pulled the driver rear wheel, where it smelled like it was coming from. Rear seal is gone:mad: Normally I would say ahhh..., no big deal, pull the rear end apart and fix it. However with my custom set up, it's not going to be fun. I always said I may have to cut stuff out, because it fit so tight.:banghead:

:JP:

..Wow..:eek:..They are coming in from all over the State..:biggthump

..and I'm voting for the 4th gen...I have this thing about liking to see really clean vehicles hitting the dirt trails..:D

..Actually, it will probably be a smoother ride on this road...

...:scratch:..I might just take the X as the fridge is already in it and just in case others need to keep some food or something cold for the kiddies..;)

...Less than a week to go..Anyone ready to be added to the "in" list?

..Extended forecast shows Fri high of 63 and Sunday High of 90 down in the canyon...:scratch:..as usual we shall see what it turns out to be...:D

..Alrighty then...We can do this on Sunday the 27th of this month..:biggthump

..I figured I would just post it here rather than starting a new thread..:dunno:..But we will have a return thread of it's own..;)

Main Divide rd. meet and greet with a long scenic run..

In Crowd
Tbars
Keeper0311
Hbrichman
CJExplorer
DaExplorer

Maybe's
Stic-o
Froader
Carlover
Hbrichman
SoCalJ
Ritsui
Zukman

..For those on the fence, this is basically a fire rd. we will be driving across for a few hours...Your vehicle needs not be a 4wd but it will get dirty..:D

..A cb of any kind would be very useful but you are not required to have one on this trip.

..Here are a couple previous trips..
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292313&highlight=divide

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195503&highlight=divide

...Less than a week to go..Anyone ready to be added to the "in" list?

..Extended forecast shows Fri high of 63 and Sunday High of 90 down in the canyon...:scratch:..as usual we shall see what it turns out to be...:D

Well since you never added us after our posts to the maybe list, go ahead and put us in the "in" list. :thumbsup:

...When you or your dad say you are 80%, I know you are either definitely in or out..:D

You've been added..:biggthump

Sweet! So what are the plans for meeting up? Think we'll be done by 1700 or so? Gotta make it out to Riverside for my younger brothers birthday party.

..:scratch:..I'll have to go back and read the last trip report and see about what time the "Truck Wreckin's" began..:p:

..We leave the meeting spot at 9 am sharp and usually come out at Ortega after we eat lunch about 2-3 pm..

..From The top of Ortega Hwy. where we come out you can either go to the 5 or 15 fwy in which you could take Ortega down to Lake Elsinore and catch the 15 toward Riverside..;)

Attn Everyone in SoCal, please read this..
http://www.sgvtribune.com/news/ci_20667450/forest-service-ordered-re-examine-key-wilderness-areas

..They just announced they want the..

Forest Service ordered to re-examine key wilderness areas in four Southern California forests

The result could be the re-zoning of hundreds of thousands of acres of forest land into "recommended wilderness" areas, one of the most restrictive designations on the forest, and "back country non-motorized" areas.

..In short they are wanting to close this area as well as 4 others and the meetings will be real soon..

..I've opened a discussion thread here..
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2970863#post2970863

...I checked with the Ranger station yesterday and the road is open all the way thru..We are good to go..:D

..Weather for Silverado is now calling for 72* and the heat will come later in the week..:biggthump

..Still looking for more new people to come out and enjoy the view and lunch with us..

..Anyone else In, Out, Questions?

..BTW, there's a fast growing fire down by Julian which is doubling in size within hours..:eek:
http://www.10news.com/news/31110053/detail.html

...the fire broke out after 2 and well..

Cal Fire officials said the fire has grown to 1,200 acres as of 5:40 p.m., and crews have ordered the evacuation of 100 homes in nearby Shelter Valley.

..Anyone else In, Out, Questions?

We are still in.:thumbsup: I just want to confirm the meeting place is still the Peltzer Pines as indicated in one of the earler runs?

We are heading up to Big Bear Friday after my wife gets off work. So Sunday morning Chris and I will be traveling down for the greet and run.

Speeking of which :eek: Chris and I are planning to post up a greet and run for Big Bear on Sat June 23rd. If anyone in interested. More to follow.

We are still in. I just want to confirm the meeting place is still the Peltzer Pines as indicated in one of the earlier runs?

...Yes it is and we leave from there 9 am sharp..Cb users, we will be on channel 4 alternate 10 if busy.

...When you turn left onto Black Star Canyon you will see the gate to Peltzer Pines on the left..If for some reason (it happens sometimes) there is no parking left in front of Peltzer you will continue on down Black Star (dead end) till you see us...

..On your way down from Big Bear, shake the trees and see if Ritsui can come out to play..:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..Weather for Silverado is now calling for 72* and the heat will come later in the week..:biggthump[/QUOTE

Up just before 3am Sat morning in Big Bear to let the dog out. It is 27 and to my suprise we have a dusting of snow. This is the end of May isn't it. Looking forward to Sunday to come down and warm up.

Back