Theft system not working since led headlights | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Theft system not working since led headlights

Teepee

Reaction score
City, State
Ormond Beach , Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT Ford Explorer
hi every one
My Explorer is stock except I just added LED headlights so sorry if I should have posted in stock forum.
Since adding the LED headlights my remote keyless entry and the keypad entry no longer work. I disconnected the battery to put the new lights in. For no other reason that I was able to get my hand to the drivers side Headlight. The lights work great and no problems with the high and low beam.
The central locking still works from the switch on the internal door handle so I know that circuit still works.
I have checked the fuses and also disconnected the led lights and reconnected the original headlights to see if the LEDs were causing an issue. The original headlights worked fine so I’m guessing it is not the LEDs.
I would welcome any suggestions on what else I could check for.
Regards
Tony.

Resolved things.
Just in case any one else has this happen, I was able to rectify the theft system and electronic remote keyless entry.
Based on other people’s issues and resolutions to similar but not quite the same problem
I thought I'd disconnect the battery for a couple of hours and see if that made a difference.
That seemed to fix things and now I’m back to being able to use my fob to unlock the car as well as use the keypad so I guess it was just some sort of reset.
Cheers
Tony.

Last August, I left my lights on and killed my battery. Jumped it, and drove around to charge it a bit. After that, I noticed my keyless, keypad, and auto-lock were not working. At some point, within a month's time, the keyless code worked, but eventually stopped again. Undid battery, waited, hooked it back up, and nothing. Did that multiple times.

Finally replaced the RAP module with a same part number junkyard unit. Everything back to normal.

Just a heads up if yours starts to flake out again...

Thank you Toypaseo
I’ll keep an eye out and hopefully what I have done will get me through.
Cheers
Tony

Back