92exp4x4

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Covington, Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XL 2-door and others
My 91 Eddie 2-door

Its been in storage for a while, about three years. So long that the fuel pump locked up. Gonna get it running again in the next few weeks.

IMG_20160730_200745925_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160730_200729031.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for posting this rare one. It is worth getting it going again. Look at all of those tan trim pieces.. It doesn't have "Sport" on the tailgate either. I think I'll reference this in the "differences" thread.

Thanks for posting this rare one. It is worth getting it going again. Look at all of those tan trim pieces.. It doesn't have "Sport" on the tailgate either. I think I'll reference this in the "differences" thread.

No problem. They are unusual. I almost had one back in 04. It was a 94 burgundy, identical to my 4 door Eddie. And it had a factory issue 5 speed. I wanted it so bad, but I couldn't cough up the $6700 price tag and it was in St Louis, a little far for me at the time. It took almost 7 years before I found this one, I like it because of its history.

The only thing I might change is the wheels. I may paint the recesses tan, but I'm not decided on it yet. For now I just want to drive it!

The only thing I might change is the wheels. I may paint the recesses tan, but I'm not decided on it yet. For now I just want to drive it!

I think some of those wheels had the recesses painted from the factory. I can't remember what trim level had that. Or maybe I am just remembering custom-jobs.

Do you know the history of this one?

I think some of those wheels had the recesses painted from the factory. I can't remember what trim level had that. Or maybe I am just remembering custom-jobs.

Do you know the history of this one?

Actually.. 92 was the year when the Eddie package could be had with color keyed (tan) or grey recesses. I'm nearly positive that was the only year available. It wouldn't be correct for mine, but I really like the effect. The one my childhood friend's dad had was that way. A white 92 4 dr Eddie that he literally drove off the trailer at the dealer when it was delivered. It had the tan accented wheels.

Back