Tips on A/C removal? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tips on A/C removal?

Advance Auto carries a non a/c belt, but i just wanted to make sure i didnt have to order the bypass pulley, just order the shorter belt and eliminate that pulley all together

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

this is the belt i have:
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/pa...nter=2&itemIdentifier=150364_121244_8238_6774

and i dont have ac compressor or an adapter bracket :)
DSC_2262.jpg

Hhahahaha 20hp!!

^lol at the cost of getting 6mpg!

saves the alternator from ripping a hole in my intake tube. i have a different radiator, its slightly thicker, and without the stock fan shroud that 'shelf' that the intake sat on is no longer there so it sags and hits the belt. i cant close my hood either, intake sits up to high. i have to leave it in the 'popped' position.
new, better, non-rubber intake will fix all that tho. just need to buy it

ooooooohhhhhhhhhhh yeah when i get the non ac heater box, do i have to get a new heater blower for that? or will the one that is currently hooked up with the a/c in stalled work? just ordered my belt today (and some off road lights) so hopefully next week ill get the non a/c heater box and install it.

Same motor,good luck on finding one though,seem to be getting harder to find

Yep or at least thats what i did.

at the rate this Ohio weather is going im not gonna need one.. plus its empty and they want way to much (more then i paid for the ex to begin with) to change it and refill it

at the rate this Ohio weather is going im not gonna need one.. plus its empty and they want way to much (more then i paid for the ex to begin with) to change it and refill it

Yep not even worth it!! I dont sit still long enough for me to even run ac,plus i smoke,so windows gota be down!;(;(

i need all new ac parts for the conversion. then the cost of filling it. i half-went without it last year. if i can make it this year, maybe ill consider removing it later.

having removable doors would prob help with cooling me off

Wife and I both smoke so yay windows are down. Plus have kids, so windows are down... When they are up and they are yelling.. OMG its an instant headache (ive pulled over many of times to bust butts) i got my belt today, finally came in, new fan replacement, now just gotta start calling around to find the heater box

(ive pulled over many of times to bust butts) i got my belt today
lol's

im surrounded by smokers in here :/
bad for you!

does your ac compressor still work? do you have any plans for on-board air?
use it for on-board air! :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i vote use it for on-board air then. get a system to add oil to it, then then to remove the oil before going to the air tank.
youd have to go back to the ac belt tho :p

i mean not now, but if you think youd ever do such a thing, save it.

Back