Tire Rotation...Pressure monitoring system. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tire Rotation...Pressure monitoring system.

michael loibl

Reaction score
City, State
maywood, new jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 EB V6 & 2020 XLT
I am due for my first rotation on the 2006 eddie and am concerned if the pressure monitoring system will need any recalibration afterwards. I checked "tires and wheels" but couldn't find a sure answer. I would imagine it will be fine since my system does not identify which tire is low. Has anyone done their own rotation with or without a problem???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've got similar questions too.
I have had a tire rotation and they didn't say anything about any re-cal and I wasn't charged any extra.
My question is, I just ordered 22" rims and I wanted to know if I should have TPMS disabled or how should I get new sensors for my new wheels.

I rotated mine about a month ago and I have not experienced any problems with the TPMS.

You won't have any problems. I rotate my tires every 3000 miles wieach oil change.

tpms

if someone has figured how to disable the tpms through the ECM i'd like to know.

Thanks everyone. My tire rotation went smoothly and no problems with pressure monitoring system. I was suprised at how much feathering there was on the outside edge of the driver front tire. Hardley any on the passenger front. I will have to keep an eye on this for potential alignment issue.

if someone has figured how to disable the tpms through the ECM i'd like to know.
+1....I am about to put the 22's on there and I need TPMS gone.

Back