TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY | Page 25 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY

I put in an order for arp bolts and some percy's gaskets from summit, hopefully I can start installing them in a week or so.

First to post pics!

img2147x.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I put in an order for arp bolts and some percy's gaskets from summit, hopefully I can start installing them in a week or so.

First to post pics!

img2147x.jpg

do the tmh not come with hardware?? or just not good hardware?

Well, I think I lost a bolt and several lock washers in shipping?, but I was planning on getting the arp bolts here and different gaskets anyhow. These came with everything pictured and 2 header gaskets not shown.

do the tmh not come with hardware?? or just not good hardware?

It is WAY easier to get a wrench on the ARP bolts. There's a thread on it somewhere, maybe even in the stickies. Either way. The hardware it comes with, very hard to work with.

It is WAY easier to get a wrench on the ARP bolts. There's a thread on it somewhere, maybe even in the stickies. Either way. The hardware it comes with, very hard to work with.

i think i posted it on the first or second page

These are the same hex-head ARP header bolts in black oxide here.
After a lot of reading up, I'm going with the Percy's Seal-4-Good oval port gaskets , I may have to trim/match the ports, the stock ford gaskets are square port I think, though the 302 ports and TMHs look more oval to me. I think these soft aluminum gaskets may have to be re-torqued an additional time though.
The Ford Racing gaskets were used and recommended, as well as Fel-Pro. The money's adding up so I got the FRP wires to test out and got free shipping on my whole summit order, but if money is no concern, the Taylor or Magnecore wires seem to be a popular choice. These look good for ceramic- Accel wires.

I got the high temp wire socks on ebay, and some wire separators and standoffs.

Tons of info on this site :thumbsup:

anyone use those actual header locking clips that kind of look like a guitar pick and or triangle? and the angled part rests up against the header tube so the bolt literally cant back out. basically a glorified lock washer

I have seen them on almost every header install on power block tv
trucks
muscle car (this morning actually)
extreme 4x4

got mine about a half hour ago at work.. hardware from summit will be here tomorrow and will hopefully install either this weekend since i have it all free... or will wait a few weeks and hopefully can read a few more install write ups!
whose gonna be the first to install theirs!?

So, I assume everyone is getting boxes since this thread got all quiet.;)

everybody was in the garage spooning their new headers all night. I think a few of them might even need a smoke after. haha

everybody was in the garage spooning their new headers all night. I think a few of them might even need a smoke after. haha

hahaha that cracked me up man!

The big brown truck came today. The #66018 Percy's oval gaskets I got from Summit today have ports that are .375" taller than Percy's specs say they should be. The #66018 marked-on-package gaskets I received, ports are 1.875"x1.125" as measured, per percy's they're supposed to be 1.5"x1.125". Big difference. Bolt pattern is correct, port holes are substantially taller than the TMH header ports, strange.

I'll have to send them back unfortunately demmit. They're to expensive to just chuck and buy another set. :scratch:

http://www.taylorvertex.com/Products/index.cgi/percyProducts?ID=149
Product: Seal-4-Good Ford Small Block 221-302 Oval/Round 1.5" x 1.125" Aluminum
Part Number: 66018
Details: Seal-4-Good Ford Small Block 221-302 Oval/Round 1.5" x 1.125"

What's a reasonable time to wait after giving the deposit? I gave Erica the deposit on April 25th but told her that I understood that they were behind on filling orders and that I wasn't in a rush, however I tried contacting her the other day about the status of my order and she still hasn't replied. Again... I'm not in a rush, just wish I knew what was going on.

I am gonna give them till the end of this month to fill all the orders and call me if not I am going to their shop on the 1st as soon as I wake up and pick up a set.

I first contacted Erica by text two weeks before the deadline and she still has yet to take my deposit. She gets my info and says she will get back with me for my payment, I let a week or two go by and I called her and she didn't answer...she texts me for my info again and says to email it to her and when she gets back to the office she will call to take my payment. Another 2 1/2 weeks have gone by and she still hasn't taken any money from me. I still want a set and have the money waiting...I realize they are probably very busy and I am in no rush to get them, but I would at least like to have my foot in the door for a set...am I the only one this is happening to?

I first contacted Erica by text two weeks before the deadline and she still has yet to take my deposit. She gets my info and says she will get back with me for my payment, I let a week or two go by and I called her and she didn't answer...she texts me for my info again and says to email it to her and when she gets back to the office she will call to take my payment. Another 2 1/2 weeks have gone by and she still hasn't taken any money from me. I still want a set and have the money waiting...I realize they are probably very busy and I am in no rush to get them, but I would at least like to have my foot in the door for a set...am I the only one this is happening to?

R u serious. Did you not read the whole thread. You are telling us something we all experienced. I would try calling Al's headers in Anaheim directly. Al seems to be somewhat near the phone after a few people on here blew up his phones for a while. I live here in Anaheim and I am going to his shop to pay him cash personally for the headers (no CA sales tax hehe) If there are some people that are new to the group buy and are trying to get headers I will let him know when I go pick up my set and see if he has extras or is willing to run some more. But be warned it might be a few months before you get your headers.

When it gets closer to the end of the month I will get the phone numbers of you guys that haven't paid anything at all and I will give the info to Al.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm in the same boat as you fastfocus. I've been trying to place an order since march or april

Back