TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY | Page 26 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY

From one who knows.... The product is unbelievable in quality, fit and finish and the way it is packaged is beyond anything most of us would expect. The time I waited for the product was a little long, but I knew these were hand made so was ok with that.

The real and only issue is communication. Today people expect way more in updates and such as you move through a purchase like this. Communication deteriorated as the time went on, no doubt due to the increase in calls trying to find out completion and ship dates. I do not believe that Al's was in any way prepared to deal with the massive amount of calls and texts that came in, although that does not excuse how this whole thing was handled.

Once again, really happy with the product, the experience was just not great.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Erica finally contcted me earlier this week and took my first payment. She also apologized for the wait and explained how extremely busy this deal has made them on top of their other business deals....I was understanding and thanked her for her response. I feel much better now since she called and said my set should ship out soon after the 4th of July holiday.

Stil patiently waiting...

i guess i was late to this party.....:( and i just put in my 3 in body lift. how much do they cost regular price? and what is the number i call to place an order? anyone know if they will be doing this again?

Have you tried reading the first post in this thread?

Okay, its been just over two months since I've given my deposit and still no headers not even a return text. My truck is done being painted this week. I was hoping to have them installed before going to the body shop.

For all you TMH guys. Scrap the gaskets it comes with and invest in Percy's Seal-4-Good aluminum gaskets.

null_zps0462c89a.jpg

:D

Okay, its been just over two months since I've given my deposit and still no headers not even a return text. My truck is done being painted this week. I was hoping to have them installed before going to the body shop.

+1 on the deposit and no follow-up. :roll:

Maybe Erica had her child?

I just got a call from Erica. She just took my 2nd half payment and expects to text me a tracking number tomorrow.

On a side note, I asked her if she knew how many people got in for the deadline for the mass buy. She said she thinks it was between 20 and 25, but she knows it was not enough for us to hit the second tear discount for the mass buy.

She mentioned that there has been allot of other orders that came in after the deadline so they don't count towards the mass buy and those people are paying full price.

So hopefully I will have a tracking number tomorrow. I'll let you all know.

Dan

Sweet, hopefull I'll be in soon too. But honestly I have school to pay for this week and I just bought me a F-100 a month ago. My wallet is going to take a **** sandwich if she calls me tomorrow.

When I got home on Friday I had a nice TMH package waiting for me. Hmmm, I thought I was going to get a text with tracking information. Oh well, at least I got mine. Neener neener neeener.

I guess it’s about time to go find the list of other stuff I need to buy before getting in to installing these.

ARP Bolt set. Percy's Seal-4-Good Gaskets. High temp spark plug boots. Ummmmm, that's all I got.

ARP Bolt set. Percy's Seal-4-Good Gaskets. High temp spark plug boots. Ummmmm, that's all I got.

Thanks for the shopping list. Looks like I will be cruising the Summit Racing web site this weekend.

Still waiting..

My first email to them was in April. Erica hasn't responded to my texts in a month or two. What a tough life where a business can't even be bothered to take my money :(

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. They called me yesterday to take payment.

I paid half right at the end of the group buy, but haven't been contacted about the remainder yet...

RRRRRRRRRRR, nothing is ever simple.

So for the ARP bolt set should I go with 3/8" 12 point or 3/8" hex (6 point)? Chromolly or stainless steel? BTW, what is wrong with the 12 point bolts that come with the headers?

Of the several options for the Percy's seal for good gaskets, which should I get? The ports on the headers measure 1 7/16 tall by 1 3/16 wide. The smallest of the percys gaskets on Summit racing is 1 1/2 tall by 1 1/8 wide and is made from stainless steel. Is that the one I should be getting?
Summit link

Is there any trick solution like the Percys gasket for the gasket on the 2-piece junction? The thru hole is just a bit larger than 1 5/8 and the slightly larger than 3/8 bolt holes are on a 2 1/4 centers.

Whats the best suggestion for the high temp spark plug boots? I am also going to be upgrading the spark plug wire so if there is a trick set of thoes to get let me know what to look for.

I tried searching for this stuff, I am sure it is burried somewhere on this site, but when I went looking to get some info on the Percys gasket i wasn't getting anywhere.

I put in an order for arp bolts and some percy's gaskets from summit, hopefully I can start installing them in a week or so.

First to post pics!

img2147x.jpg

Which gaskets and bolts dod you order? How did you choose them? Did the install go OK?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So after reading all 346 posts on mountaingreens thread and going thru the 500+ posts on this thread I have the header bolt questions answered. when I get it all together I will post my finding but basically start reading this thread at a bout post 485 on.

Still no good resolution as to exactly which header gaskets to use though.

Back