• Register Today It's free!

Torsion bar lowering question

krave

Reaction score
City, State
Southern California
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Eddie Bauer
I have read in other post that I can lower my explorer by backing out the torsion bar bolts but I still have a couple questions that if some one could answer I would really appreciate it.

1) How much can I lower the truck by loosening the bolts?

2)how does this effect the ride of the truck?

I am only looking to lower the front maybe 2 inches and putting a 1.5 -2 inch bloock in the back but I want it to sit right.The back is sitting a little lower than the front so I would like to sit even

That will do what you want.

i just did my truck about a month ago. things you may also want to do if you are lowering it is get some camber adjuster bolts, cut the snubbers (or stoppers, what ever you want to call them). you may also have to cut some of your spare tire carrier (it might rub the diff cover), and your tail pipe may also hit your diff. just things to watch for, nothing to serious.

I am only looking to lower the front maybe 2 inches and putting a 1.5 -2 inch bloock in the back but I want it to sit right.The back is sitting a little lower than the front so I would like to sit even

To remedy the truck sitting lower in the back, I removed the spare tire and everything that is associated with it. Replaced the rear bumper and went with a rollpan instead. This will save over 100 lbs! I ended up using 3" drop block to even the back with the front.

Back