and gain access to Reviews and Discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modifications and Events, Street Truck Mods and Events, and much more! Since 1996 our community has covered every aspect of the Ford Explorer, Ford Ranger and all vehicles based on this platform.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Touch Screen - FUSE BOX.

Discussion in '2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology' started by nj2nh, July 24, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. nj2nh

nj2nh New Member

City, State:
      NJ
      Year and Model:
      2011 Limited
      Can someone please help me out with this. My touch screen has gone blank. I am told to simply open the fuse box, remove the #29 fuse, wait and put it back in. I can't open the fuse box.

I have a brand spanking new 2011 Ford Explorer Limited. I am beyond frustrated and beginning to wish I had done a little more homework before replacing my beloved 2001 Explorer.

nj2nh

P.S. Please take pity on me. I am away on vacation, 300 miles from home, no dealer for 100 miles and my husband is home in Jersey.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Brooklyn, NY
      Year and Model:
      88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
    4. jrmexplorer

jrmexplorer Well-Known Member

Year and Model:
      2011 Limited
      The fuse box is located above and to the left of the parking brake. The cover should just pop off. Fuse 29 is located on the very left (the back of the fuse cover should have a tweezer and a diagram.

Good luck.

The other solution is to unhook the battery cable. If you can get a wrench that might be easier if you are having fuse pull problems.

-J

5. Dick Gross

Dick Gross New Member

If your Touch Screen blanks out don't bother trying go find the fuse box (hard) or pull to cover and then the number 29 fuse (unless you are 2 ft tall this could be impossible). Simpley open you hood, disconnect your black battery cable, wait 10 minutes and reconnect it. This will force you Sync to reboot and your screen should be back to normal.

6. jkintn

jkintn Active Member

City, State:
      Nashville, TN
      Year and Model:
      2011 Ford Explorer Limite
      Holy thread revival Batman...

7. peterk9

peterk9 Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Ottawa, Ontario area
      Year and Model:
      2014 Lincoln MKT AWD
      Disconnecting the battery also means that your transmission has to 'relearn' your driving habits.
      Welcome aboard Dick Gross.:wavey:

Peter