Track Your New Explorer Order Website | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Track Your New Explorer Order Website

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They have removed the expected delivery date

Dont count on this to be accurate. It says that awaiting shipment will take a few days to a week but I have been waiting for 12 days and still waiting. My page does not even show an expected delivery day anymore. It is better to call Ford and speak with a rep.

Dont count on this to be accurate. It says that awaiting shipment will take a few days to a week but I have been waiting for 12 days and still waiting. My page does not even show an expected delivery day anymore. It is better to call Ford and speak with a rep.
You can also send a PM to the FordService rep here who can provide info on your order. Not sure if they can tell you when it will actually ship or not. Shipping sometimes depends on the availability of railcars. There was a time a few years ago when shipments were delayed quite a while due to the unavailability of railcars for some reason.

Peter

It was just released from the plant on Tuesday, FayeMathe. It should get moving within the next week or so.

You can also send a PM to the FordService rep here who can provide info on your order. Not sure if they can tell you when it will actually ship or not. Shipping sometimes depends on the availability of railcars. There was a time a few years ago when shipments were delayed quite a while due to the unavailability of railcars for some reason.

Peter
Thank you for the mention, peterk9!!

Deysha

No, it means that all is good for it to be shipped.
Thanks for being so patient and honest with me. There is an Explorer nearby at a dealer that I will go look at tomorrow. It has been eight weeks so far and I need a car!

Does that mean it has been shipped?

No, it means that all is good for it to be shipped.

Lewisra is correct, FayeMathe; that means it's ready and waiting to ship out. I went ahead and took a peek today; while your Explorer hasn't moved out yet, it does look like it's preparing to. The status is still set to "Awaiting Shipment."

FordService reps will not be back until Tuesday.

Peter

Thanks, Peter! :)

Rachel

Lewisra is correct, FayeMathe; that means it's ready and waiting to ship out. I went ahead and took a peek today; while your Explorer hasn't moved out yet, it does look like it's preparing to. The status is still set to "Awaiting Shipment."

Thanks, Peter! :)

Rachel
But is the plant closed for shipping this week?

I guess I read somewhere that it takes 60 seconds to get one Ford off of the production line so what else is involved before shipping? Maybe I could be more patient if I knew the process.

I guess I read somewhere that it takes 60 seconds to get one Ford off of the production line so what else is involved before shipping? Maybe I could be more patient if I knew the process.
As mentioned before, the shipping depends upon the availability of railcars (post 6). The vehicles are gathered in a large parking area first. They are not shipped out one at a time. Also as mentioned, shipping continues even though the plant may be closed.

Peter

Chicago Rail Yard.jpg

Mine was delivered today. Status still says awaiting shipment. Maybe yours is half way to MS. When was your build date?

My production date was completed on 12/11. I have almost given up on it. Getting bad vibes about it now. Eight weeks since it was ordered and I was told today that it is still on the lot

Patience, it's right around the corner.

Mine was built on the 13th. I'd guess yours is nearly on a truck from wherever the closest train depot is.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back