Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Track Your New Explorer Order Website

Discussion in '2018 - 2019 Ford Explorer Order Status Threads' started by NEWPORTNJ, November 13, 2016.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. OR_Explorer

OR_Explorer New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
      17 Ex LTD (on the way)
      Ya i checked it before it was updated. But i was able to get all the details i needed from the Window Sticker when it became available. It has the build date in the upper margin. It wasnt linked on the ford cotus site (never showed up there), but i just swapped my vin with a link you'd find on dealer website.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. MartinF

MartinF New Member

City, State:
      Ontario
      2017 XLT - Arctic White
      My 2017 Explorer XLT 201a has been "In Production" since late last week on the cotus website. It says I should get delivery in around 15 days from today. Right now, as far as I can tell from the window sticker, I think the production date will be March 16.

I'm hoping it comes on time! I ordered it back on January 23rd, if I remember correctly. I'm getting pretty pumped for it! If it comes on time, it will have been around 9 weeks from ordering to delivery.

4. StevenC56

StevenC56 Member

City, State:
      Fresno, CA
      2017 Platinum
      Hello everybody!
      We've been car shopping and researching for about weeks now. Coming from a 2007 Lexus GS350 that we've owned for almost 10 years. It's been a great car and my wife's having a hard time thinking about parting with it, but 10 years of age on any vehicle and they start showing signs of age no matter how well you've taken care of them. Decided we want to try an SUV this time. Some too expensive, some too small or too big, some just don't have the look appeal to us. We drove an Edge sport and thought the ride was a bit harsh. Lincoln MKX-Nice but pricey when you add all the options. Drove an Edge Titanium and the Explorer Platinum yesterday and decided on the Platinum. Waiting for the Dealer to get one delivered in the color we want. (White Platinum/Soft Ceramic Interior) No other options. Dealer has 2 on the way that just shipped today according to the Cotus website. Pretty excited, but also nervous that were making the right choice. Haven't owned a Ford product since we got married almost 40 years ago, plus the size jump and coming from a Lexus that's been the most reliable vehicle we've ever owned.

5. peterk9

peterk9 Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Ottawa, Ontario area
      2017 Explorer Platinum
      Callsign:
      VE3
      Welcome to the Forum Steven.:wave:
      I can't promise that the Platinum will be as reliable as the previous Lexus but I've been very happy with mine in the short time I've owned it. Having had 3 Highlanders before I went with Ford, I can honestly say that I've experienced the same good reliability with both brands. Unfortunately there are also members here that have had nothing but one issue after another.

Peter

6. Juneau

Juneau New Member

City, State:
      Innisfil Ontario
      2017 XLT
      Update on my wife's order
      Ordered Feb 25
      Vin supplied March 13
      Delivery according to Cotus is April 18

7. StevenC56

StevenC56 Member

City, State:
      Fresno, CA
      2017 Platinum
      Our Platinum was ordered by the dealer as stock 2-1-2017. We have a deposit on and and the unit no longer shows in my dealer's inventory on the Ford website, so I guess they changed it to a customer order now. Now in transit and shows 4-3-2017 as delivery date. We're hoping it arrives no later than 4-3 as the current $2K incentive plus 0% for 60 months is only through 4-3-2017. Who knows what the incentives will be starting the 4th. My sales person thinks it might change to $2K OR 0%, not both like now. Who knows.

8. peterk9

City, State:
      Ottawa, Ontario area
      2017 Explorer Platinum
      Callsign:
      VE3
      If the dealer treats it as a customer order than you have a choice of the incentives in place at the time of the order or the ones in place at the time if delivery/acceptance. One or the other but not both. The $1000 Costco membership discount popped up again recently here in Canada.

Peter

9. can0n4

can0n4 New Member

2017 XLT
      He is correct. You can verify by going to the ford website and "build" your explorer. At the end when you choose financing options if you choose one of their financing options (0%) you will lose the option to take a cash back incentive. If you insert your own financing it allows you to take the cash back.

10. StevenC56

StevenC56 Member

City, State:
      Fresno, CA
      2017 Platinum
      Right now in California you get Both the $2K and 0%. My sales person's thought is that starting 4-4 it will change to $2K Or 0%.

11. peterk9

City, State:
      Ottawa, Ontario area
      2017 Explorer Platinum
      Callsign:
      VE3
      As I mentioned in post #107, it all depends on how the dealer treats the process.

12. Pete6114

Pete6114 Active Member

City, State:
      SW Ontario, Canada
      2017 EX Plat
      Priority 10 makes all the diff. Mine was ordered 2/13 and haven't got a VIN yet. Considering priority 19, it's expected.

13. peterk9

City, State:
      Ottawa, Ontario area
      2017 Explorer Platinum
      Callsign:
      VE3
    14. Pete6114

Pete6114 Active Member

City, State:
      SW Ontario, Canada
      2017 EX Plat
      Thanks Peter. Dealer allocation can get a bit complicated, but still a good read for everyone.