trailer towing mirrors.

nextreme

Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, ON
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
Hey there.

Just wondering what kind of towing mirrors people are using out there and if they are happy with their purchase?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

where can i find trailer towing mirrors for explorewr 2011, any ideas?

Last I checked, Ford does not offer towing mirrors as an option. There are other options out there at towing/camping websites. Up till now, I have towed with the stock mirrors, but they are just not wide enough for an 8ft wide trailer.

I have been searching high and low for a custom slip on towing mirror like Longview or Cipa makes for almost every vehicle save ours.

I need a slip on because I will be removing it often. Anyone see one out there?

I've been hunting for them too and have had no luck..Only found universal styles that I don't like. Not fond of the AutoAnything mirrors either.

First thing I tried. When I entered my model year nothing was found.
When I enter 2013 Explorer I get the same results as fort the 2014. There are 4 types.

Peter

I also saw those. If you read my first post you will see that I wanted a custom slip on like the Longview or Cipa.

I also saw those. If you read my first post you will see that I wanted a custom slip on like the Longview or Cipa.
I looked long and wide and haven't found any.

I have the CIPA teardrop shaped universal mounts and they are not that good. Because of the shape of the mirror housing they are hard to adjust for a solid fit and good view.

I'd love to find a slip over mirror. You'd think that would solve the view angle and attachment issues.

Those are CIPA mirrors but they are 'clip on' ones. I'm not familiar with these types of mirrors but thought that they would be better than nothing if you are not able to find the exact ones you are looking for. Good luck.

Peter

You are right of course, something is better than nothing, I appreciate the heads up.

Thank you Peter.

I looked long and wide and haven't found any.

I have the CIPA teardrop shaped universal mounts and they are not that good. Because of the shape of the mirror housing they are hard to adjust for a solid fit and good view.

I'd love to find a slip over mirror. You'd think that would solve the view angle and attachment issues.

You would think someone would have made one but I guess we as a group do not tow enough.

You would think someone would have made one but I guess we as a group do not tow enough.
I wrote it off initially to a unique mirror design among the new Fords. I would have thought by now that someone would make a slipon, or at least something that would fit better.

But it's the same thing with the rear hatch gas struts. None of the aftermarket places are selling them, at least up until a month ago. I haven't checked since. I even called the place that makes them for Autozone and Advance and neither was making them. Must be a unique length/lift capacity combo and until they were far enough removed from original manufacture date, there wasn't enough volume.

Newbie need help with tow mirrors

First time post here. Hoping to find mirror extenders for my 2012 Explorer. Can't find them anywhere. I tow an 18ft fishing boat that is very wide and I cannot see behind me at all. Anyone know if there are Ford accessory or aftermarket mirror extenders out there that clamp on or slide on? Do not want to perminantly mount. Thanks in advance, Tom

Welcome to the Forum Tom1227.:wavey:
As per my PM, I have merged your thread with this existing one on the same topic.

Peter

Thanks Peter, I figured someone else had started a post for these mirror extenders but just did not do the search. Kinda silly Ford has not made these yet since that model has been out now for over 3 years. I will look into some clamp ons.

Just bumping this thread to see if anyone has any updates on the subject. Thanks.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does anybody know of some good looking tow mirror extensions or replacements for my 2013 explorer. The only thing I found is mirrors that look terrible.

Back