Trailer wiring diagram | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Trailer wiring diagram

Hey!!! I give my regards to all. Im live in Argentina, and speak spanish, but I try understood in english. I´ve got an EXPLORER XLT, 4.0 OHV, 4x2, build in USA in May´98 and sold in Argentina at Feb´99.
I need to know if some of you can give mi a wiring diagram for the connection of boat´s trailer.
I await your answer, and escusse my english.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello beto62 -- I've moved this thread to the Towing section.

As for your wiring question, check out some of the sticky threads in the Towing section:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=134

Also try searching that Towing section.

Off the top of my head, the trailer connector is right under the rear driver's side tail light -- accessible from under the vehicle.

Thank you, IZwack.
I need to know the wiring between the connector under the tail light and the connector to the trailer.
I read in this forum over the wiring can buy at store, but that can do in USA,here I can´t do that, i must be made the wiring. Also I read that connection work on - (negative) wire.I don´t understand it well. I need the circuit of this wiring.
Exuce my "George of the jungle" english.

The pictures below are of the connector that coming from the vehicle (the connector that is located under the driver's side brake light):

("Ground" means negative "-")

trailer_pinout1.jpg

trailer_pinout2.jpg

Thanks IZwack!!!!!!!!!!!!
I´m going to make the wiring.
I can see the stop and turn lights use the same wire, that not is as the rear light of the vehicle where the lights ar separately.

How I can do for add an image of my Explo in my login when i ask a question..

Oye beto62, como andas? Mira, estoy un poquito confundido. Tu quisieras anadir una foto de tu ex, si? Y necesitas instrucciones en espanol para que puedas hacer que? Voy a anadir la informacion que tengo, con una foto del plug o sea "harness." Dame a few minutes :) Regreso. Oye, y welcome!

buscabas...

this harness?? this one?

Attachments

• IMGA0605.JPG
    IMGA0605.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 22,260

Hola Donner, lo que yo quiero es poner una foto de mi Exp a la izquieda de la ventana en donde aparece mis datos (beto62, ciudad y demás) (tu tienes puesta una en que estás desmontado una tapa de parlante "speaker")
Te agradezco mucho tu respuesta y es una gran alegría recibir una respuesta en español.
Disculpame que demoré en responder pero no estaba en junto a la PC.

hello ,
i wonder if there is a back up light for the trailer ,
i need to connect my stereo to back up light i wonder if i can take it from there ???

i just wanted to post a THANK YOU to those of you who posted about trailer wiring... IZwack, your pics were MOST helpful... with the information i found in here i FINALLY got my trailer lights to work. GRANTED, i had to re-wire the plug, as the wiring connector i bought for the trailer (round plug under left tail light to 4 plug flat) because it was incorrect. here are some pics of my rather UNIQUE setup... the trailer is a 1942 "trailcar" 1 wheel trailer. check em out.

100_0673%20(Changed).jpg

100_0674%20(Changed).jpg

100_0675%20(Changed).jpg

100_0676%20(Changed).jpg

100_0677%20(Changed).jpg

100_0678%20(Changed).jpg

100_0680%20(Changed).jpg

100_0682%20(Changed).jpg

Back