Tranny mods | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tranny mods

D

danny

I plan on putting a shift kit in my 91 in the next couple of weeks and am wondering if anyone has info on various brands. I've helped with an install of a Performance Automatic kit and it was fairly high quality, but I've also found one through Trans-Go. Has anyone tried it? Also, does anyone know of a way to wire a switch to disable the lock-up convertor on demand? I've found an incredible looking pc interface for modifying the shift points, lock-up, and line pressure - but it is still under development for the A4LD and only currently available for the E40D, AODE, and 4R70W. That is what I'd really like!! If anyone is interested in checking it out look at www.baumannengineering.com/tcs.htm[...plorer.html"]www.hit.net/~danny/explorer.html

Well, I went ahead and ordered the Trans-Go shift kit today. I should have it by the end of the week (I hope). If so, it is my weekend off, so I'll hopefully have time to get it installed. I've also just about convinced my wife that a lift would look good. I'm thinking about a 3" body lift, any recommendations? That should be enough to clear a set of 31" tires. Also, does anyone know of a way to raise the rear about 2" without using add-a-leafs?
Thanx

------------------
Danny
91EB
www.hit.net/~danny/explorer.html

Back