1. for access to Ford Explorer and Ranger owner generated reviews and discussion, tech tips, how to articles, off-road modifications, events, and more! Since 1996 we have been the #1 Ford Explorer resource on the Internet. We also cover the Explorer Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer, Lincoln Navigator, Mazda Navajo, Mazda Pickups, and the Aerostar.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. verlink

verlink New Member

City, State:
      niota tn.
      Year and Model:
      2002ford sport trac
      this is my first post like the site..so what i need to know what transfer case will fit my 2002 explorer fortrac with 4.0 auto has a 1354 1l54-ac that is bad is there a nother model that will fit with out change wireing? can not parts for the 1354. need to get it fixed before the wife whips me. thanks for now.:usa:

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. verlink

verlink New Member

City, State:
      niota tn.
      Year and Model:
      2002ford sport trac
      what is the diffrence in a 1354 ac and 1354 ab transfer case??. need help someone let me know. thanks

4. albi1cnobi1

albi1cnobi1 Elite Mountaineer Elite Explorer

City, State:
      South Jersey
      Year and Model:
      99 Mountaineer V6 4x4
      Did some research and apparently the ac case is listed for 02 sport-trac and the ab case is listed for 01 and 02 sport-trac. Generally the 2 letter code on the end is a date code. The beginning #'s are the model(e.g. 1354). It's usually the middle #'s(e.g. 1L54) that determine differences. If everything matches except the date code you should be fine. Just check all connectors and sensors to make sure they match, there are rare times when Ford changes things mid year.

5. verlink

verlink New Member

City, State:
      niota tn.
      Year and Model:
      2002ford sport trac
      ok thanks for your help ALIBICNOB1 OK. VERLINK