1. Tip... Did you know that if you hold most smartphones sideways you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum?
    Dismiss Notice

for access to reviews and discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer, Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modification, Events, and more!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Transmission Linkage with PIC

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by cjmedina, March 8, 2010.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. cjmedina

cjmedina Active Member

City, State:
      Central New Jersey
      Year and Model:
      3 Explorers 01,99,99
      I want to know how to remove this linkage from the manual control lever. do I just pry it off or is the a fastener?

I have loose linkage at the selector and trying set the linkage correctly to the lever.

It seems to beout of adjustment because it does not lock in a detent position in first gear.It feels like is has to go a little bit further.

ftp://cj136.gotdns.com/files/DSCN8176.JPG

ftp://cj136.gotdns.com/files/DSCN8177.JPG

CJ

Last edited: March 8, 2010
    2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.