Traxda Leveling Kit Updates/Pictures | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Traxda Leveling Kit Updates/Pictures

It's $198 w/free shipping on their website :) And no tax.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I read on another thread that people using the truxxx lift / level kits reported grinding noises whenever they went up an incline. Have you experienced this? I'd like to lift mine as well but that thread has me questioning whether this model explorer can handle a lift. I'd love to hear some thoughts on this.

I've never once heard that from any of the numerous members I've spoken to, now I'm curious.

I read on another thread that people using the truxxx lift / level kits reported grinding noises whenever they went up an incline. Have you experienced this? I'd like to lift mine as well but that thread has me questioning whether this model explorer can handle a lift. I'd love to hear some thoughts on this.

Sorry it's taking so long for replies, i'm doing some military training and don't have access to a computer often, as far as the grinding noises I've never heard anyone experience this. I myself haven't experienced anything of the sort. Maybe it's a tire fitting problem? Still going very strong with mine. next upgrade with be upgraded control arms due to the stress on the ball joints

do lots of offroading with mine and no problems.

I do notice that whenever you raise a CV-jointed axle you add additional angle to the joint. The CV joint will wear a bit faster and it is not as strong. But this is a small price to pay if you want a nice looking truck and a quality lift/clearance. I'm running about 325hp through 4.56 gears and oversized tires. I have original CV joints and have 200k on the truck. CVs still holding just fine. No grinding noises to speak of.

do lots of offroading with mine and no problems.

I do notice that whenever you raise a CV-jointed axle you add additional angle to the joint. The CV joint will wear a bit faster and it is not as strong. But this is a small price to pay if you want a nice looking truck and a quality lift/clearance. I'm running about 325hp through 4.56 gears and oversized tires. I have original CV joints and have 200k on the truck. CVs still holding just fine. No grinding noises to speak of.

With you being on thread, thoughts and sizes on spacers?

Well that eases my mind and helps me make the decision to do the lift. Good to know about the ball joints being okay too. I'm not planning on any rock crawling or anything like that but I am off road quite a bit with it. If anything the lift is almost more practical to give the damn radiator a little more clearance. I've got an Aries bull bar with skid plate on mine too but I want a skid plate that actually goes under the radiator.

Well that eases my mind and helps me make the decision to do the lift. Good to know about the ball joints being okay too. I'm not planning on any rock crawling or anything like that but I am off road quite a bit with it. If anything the lift is almost more practical to give the damn radiator a little more clearance. I've got an Aries bull bar with skid plate on mine too but I want a skid plate that actually goes under the radiator.

I'm actually working on getting this plate extended or putting a new one underneath all together. Not sure which to do yet.

With you being on thread, thoughts and sizes on spacers?

If u go with spacers... you might certainly rub if you have the bigger tires. I do recommend going at least 1.5" so you don't have to cut your studs down. They stick up about 1.25" so you need to be thicker than that.

Anyone hearing vibration problems at 60 to 65 miles an hour? The tires are balanced perfectly I do have aftermarket rims but I do have the spacers on there any answers would be greatly appreciated

@Jacob Linder
Hey man, just curious, how have your swaybar end links and sway bar bushings been holding up. I've read a few posts about people having to replace them every year with the lift.

@Jacob Linder
Hey man, just curious, how have your swaybar end links and sway bar bushings been holding up. I've read a few posts about people having to replace them every year with the lift.
So far so good. They're definitely starting to show signs of wear but I'm still not having any major difficulties. My camber problem is still the main issue I face with the lift. When I installed the lift I went ahead and replaced the bushings and links. Come to find out my sway bar is actually bent and needs to be replaced. But a year later it's still holding up okay. I've got a tune up coming soon and will replace them just to be sure everything stays up to date and fail safe .

It took about a month to get the BTF upper control arms. I had them put on and my mechanic said they were worth every penny. No contact with the strut now at full extension - but we barely got the alignment done with the standard 3/8" extend. I downsized from 265/65-18 to 265/60s to give me enough drop to tow behind the motor home (using a 6" riser). I'm running 8.5" rims and not sure what the offset is. Those uniball replacements are fantastic. I just finished the last project for awhile - Wireless ebay backup camera for 35 bucks. Great pics during the day but I get some monitor flashing at night - so I will shift the power feed up front to the reversing lights circuit too. You can barely see the blue ox baseplate in the lower grill section - that point is 27" off the ground.
IMG_BTF.JPG
nutires.JPG

It took about a month to get the BTF upper control arms. I had them put on and my mechanic said they were worth every penny. No contact with the strut now at full extension - but we barely got the alignment done with the standard 3/8" extend. I downsized from 265/65-18 to 265/60s to give me enough drop to tow behind the motor home (using a 6" riser). I'm running 8.5" rims and not sure what the offset is. Those uniball replacements are fantastic. I just finished the last project for awhile - Wireless ebay backup camera for 35 bucks. Great pics during the day but I get some monitor flashing at night - so I will shift the power feed up front to the reversing lights circuit too. You can barely see the blue ox baseplate in the lower grill section - that point is 27" off the ground.View attachment 96295 View attachment 96296
That looks really good man ! I'm still waiting to order the control arms. Little pricey for what I can afford right now, one day though! You have a beautiful colored truck as Well!

Good early morning all,

A little over a week ago I finally collected all the supplies, and had the time to build onto my 06' Eddie Bauer with the Traxda Level Kit. Now, before anyone asks if it was by the book? No. Not even close. It was done at a buddy's house and only jacks were used (which made it a complete headache) We just ended up taking apart the whole front suspension just to make it quicker, and TRUST ME. It made it a lot faster rather than fighting parts hanging everywhere. While we were down there we went ahead and just replaced the bushing/sway bar links because there was a little squeaking (now there isn't!). Overall it's basically a strut replacement job considering you're only adding a spacer to the strut itself (I kept my stock struts for the time being). Not going to go into detail about what all we did and how it was finished. If you have questions fire away though. I'm here to help! ( ALL PICTURES ATTACHED AT BOTTOM, COMPUTER IS BEING DUMB)

Big thanks to [MENTION=260174]engineeering[/MENTION] for all the advice.

Links to all the supplies needed!
Traxda Leveling Kit- Traxda Traxda Leveling and Lift kits, Made in the USA!

BFGoodrich Mud-Terrains-http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...QR7MTAKM&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Aries Bull Bar-http://www.carparts.com/details/Ari...6ooyBMwhewAQDxEEacWEgfYaAjYS8P8HAQ&redirect=1

Aries Tail Light Guards-2006-2010 FORD EXPLORER TAILLIGHT GUARD PROTECTORS BLACK POWDER COAT (NEW SET) | eBay

Once again everyone, thanks for the look. Any questions you might have i'll be more than happy to help!:usa:

IMAGES
I know I’m late on this question, but do you have any issues woth your upper control arms?

Yep. Lil hard on the upper ball joint... And your CV is under a bit more stress. But looks way better. So I would rather just swap out these pieces when needed (so far 1 upper ball joint and one CV but may not be related... 70k kms later). Kinda like spacers... Look better... but don't complain when your bearing needs replacement prematurely.

Cheers

I know I’m late on this question, but do you have any issues woth your upper control arms?
So, we're going on year 3 with them on. So far it's destroyed my joints. I replaced my ball joints out for BTF uppers and uniballs. Rear CV and Diff needs replaced (doubt they're actually related, more a problem from heavy wheels and tires.) but front end is still giving me issues. Front hubs, and steering rack are on lists of immediates.

Back