1. It's time for our yearly 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale! Last day is November 30!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a full two year membership!

Click Here to start your membership!

If you would like to extend an existing membership for two more years please contact "Rick" through a conversation/private message as I will have to set up existing memberships manually. Thank you and happy holidays!!!
    Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Truck Haven Fall 2017 - Memorial Run

Discussion in 'Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion' started by Rick, June 10, 2017.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. zukman

zukman "Home of Misfit Crawlers" Elite Explorer

City, State:
      arcadia calif.
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '91EB, '86Sami, '85Ranger
      What part of CHILL and do nothing did you not get?? No lifting and No straining of the eyes! You only get one pair of eyes pay attention!!!!

Not sorry but rant over!

• Like Like x 2
    2. Support EF

Holiday Special through Nov 30! Join the Elite Explorers for $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. BKennedy

BKennedy Elite Loser Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      San Diego, PRofK
      1994 XLT
      This went from a memorial run to a bitch at Rick thread. What are friends for??

4. R.J.

R.J. Elite Explorer

City, State:
      La Habra Hts, CA
      91 Navajo, 90 Bronco II
      Yes. We don't want a memorial for Rick's eyes! Take it easy Rick and recover :dpchug:

5. Tifoez & Lavinia

Tifoez & Lavinia Active Member

City, State:
      SW Pennsylvania
      '01 XLT
      I feel your pain brother!
      Before our RZR 900s was stolen I had a branch get flung like a spring, or catapult, from the roll cage into my eye, and we were cruising along at around 50..
      ER trip, nothing in it, referral to eye doc, about 15 drop prescriptions..
      We were working as AAA roadside techs, so every morning 6am, sunrise to 9pm, 6 day shifts.. if we didn't need the paychecks I was advised to stay in a dark area.. I regret it!! It still bothers me if I dream of it and remember how it hurt, then I'll notice how it's working at a different level than the other..
      How do us serious explorers send flowers?
      8mm, 10mm sockets, inner and outer door handles, brown wires, relays with cut blades, tranny filter & gasket?!
      Definitely get well soon, and we hope to get to meet you in person with our rig in the near future ;)

(Edited for "pic or it didn't happen")
      [​IMG]

Last edited: October 22, 2017
      • Like Like x 1
    6. traveler

traveler Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

Media:
      Albums:
      City, State:
      Parsons, ks
      2000 EB Explorer 5.0
      Well now that I've read this entire thread....

Rick, I hope all goes well for your eyes and your wifes health. Prayin for ya.
      As to the Meet, I was just mentioning to my wife today that there is "an annual meet out west called "truckhaven" that i'd love to go to". I read this and realized that the place is called truckhaven not the meet, but you get the jist. Would love to head out there if its been rescheduled to Nov. Sandi and I may be able to make it. We could hook up the camper and boondock it. Has it been rescheduled? If so.. when?

• Like Like x 2
    7. Maniak

Maniak Moderator-Stock 91-94 Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

Media:
      City, State:
      Vail, Arizona
      1992 XLT 4x4
      @Rick, Really glad to hear your eye is on the mend. and really glad to hear Char's Kidney's dialysis bad (The wife of the person in the cube next to me at work is on dialysis and on the transplant list so I get to hear how scary that is...)

I'm still up in the air as to making it when it's rescheduled... After Multiple interviews and a long agonizing wait for a decision, I was offered the job. It's a big pay raise, doing the same work BUT with more responsibility and I go from unlimited vacation to 120 hours of PTO per year (use for sick and vacation). At least I get a free (paid)week between Christmas and New Years as they shut down for the week.

~Mark

• Like Like x 1
    8. Rick

Rick Pumpkin Pilot Staff Member Admin Elite Explorer

Media:
      Albums:
      City, State:
      Wayoutin, Aridzona
      '93 XL Pumpkin Edition
      Callsign:
      AB7FH
      Congrats on your new job Mark:chug: 5 days of sick time and vacation time though? That's got to be tough:eek:

9. Maniak

Maniak Moderator-Stock 91-94 Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

Media:
      City, State:
      Vail, Arizona
      1992 XLT 4x4
      15 days of sick/PTO combined since I'm starting over in seniority. It'll be interesting for the first few years but I can flex time (work extra before I go somewhere and use the time on the days I take off). I just won't have anything accrued this year. . I'm hoping I get to continue to work the 9/80 schedule which is every other friday off so it's possible I can still do a Friday-Sunday.

Since I got a big raise I may re-gear and finally get off 33's (go to 35's) on one of the first few paychecks.. Then I'll switch to doing the prudent stuff with the money (try to catch up more on my retirement and double the emergency fund).

~Mark

• Like Like x 3