Truck Haven Hills, CA in October 25 - 26 | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven Hills, CA in October 25 - 26

Gas in San Diego Poway Costco was 3.19 a gallon, and propane was 2.20. Good time for a road trip.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Gas in San Diego Poway Costco was 3.19 a gallon, and propane was 2.20. Good time for a road trip.

Paid $3.17 at the Commerce Costco earlier today:p:

We are leaving tomorrow, no set time, decided to go straight to Truckhaven. Still plan to be there Thursday evening. 1,200+ miles, and gas prices have actually dropped. :D

Been looking forward to doing a Truckhaven run, going to be great to see EF'ers again and meet others for the first time. :chug:

We plan to be there sometime Thursday afternoon

Never towed to truckhaven so I checked the map for the best route, might have to bring the movie player for the kids. HAHA. Forgot how much further it is.

See ya'll there!!!! :wavey:

Gas prices near here ranges from 2.75 to 2.89, even 3.17 to 3.19 is a heck of a drop from prices on the Ouray run in July.

Paid 3.14 for diesel yesterday with my .20c discount from the grocery store.

I'll be there tomorrow afternoon:chug:

Paid 3.14 for diesel yesterday with my .20c discount from the grocery store.

I'll be there tomorrow afternoon:chug:

:chug:

Will be leaving to easymc's place in a bit, just got to finish loading up here and then load the Dr. Jack on the trailer at his place before we head out. :hammer:

Just found out I have a half day friday. Makes loading up and truck prep easier.

Ditto.

Loading up the zuk with firewood, hooking up and hope to be on the road by 7pm tonight. Stopping at Tejon Pass Reststop on I-5, and on to Truckhaven thursday AM.

Weather is getting better. Should be hot Friday, then tapering off for the weekend. We are still planning on coming out Friday evening. My parents in their RV, and my sister and her family are coming out in their RV. They should be arriving together Friday afternoon. Look for a white Dolphin pulling a gray, bone stock 4-runner (except for the awesome sliders I made), and a white Damon pulling nothing (I could not talk the bro-in-law into getting his YJ drivable). If you see them driving around in circles, just wave them over.

I picked up a spare drivers side front axle just in case I break it again attempting something difficult like CJ Hill again. I'm going to drive out Saturday morning, it's about a 2 hour drive for me. I'm going to try and be there around 9am.

We'll put up the flags and hopefully the flag lights!

I'll be pulling in LATE Friday. Likely after midnight unless we just park it somewhere on the way out and finish the run sat morning.

Will likely park a little bit away from the group with my terror of an animal to keep the annoyance factor minimal for others hopefully. I'm still up in the air on if I'm bringing him or just paying to board him. I really don't have the funds and he really likes it out there but he can be such a pain around groups trying to get in food and being too friendly around other dogs...

Too friendly...funny. Just bring him. We should be able to spread out as this is an off weekend. If we camp where we have the last several times, there is a softer area perfect for tents and horny dogs and a hard pack for RV's.
Is there a pot luck? If so we will be bringing Sarah's Caesar Salad

Sent from my XT907 using Forum Runner

He's amazing in small groups but when you get a large group and other dogs, he looses all sense of civility and reverts to his wild natural side and the fact I even exist sometimes absolutely leaves his head pretty much!

I'll be air mattressing it in the back of my van. Skipping the tent crap this time around. LOL I think it was the last trip out there that I forgot the poles to my tent so it turned into a tarp and I used the cot in the back of my exploder which worked but opened my eyes to the challenge of getting into it with limited vertical space available! LOL

Ignore the creepy van if it's not there friday night when you go to bed but lurking in the area sat morning when you get out of van...

100_3376_zps292087cf.jpg

Should be a gold'ish exploder on the trailer rather then that paper weight that is being a major thorn in my side these days!

Haha...aka...moving dark target..:shoot:.

Spare modded spindle nuts?

And I have to stop in Palm Springs on the way out..I should just stop by DB_1's house and strap his Ranger out to TH..:D

Ohhhhh, modded washer... Crap... I'll see if I have a spare spindle laying around. If I do I can try to make a set real quick possibly tonight or tomorrow night. If I don't have one around I'd have to tear my hub apart to check the fit on which honestly, I'm not sure if I have time or want to do it. LOL... Yeah I know, I'm a jerk! I "think" I have a spare spindle though laying there I can use to check fitup with.

I see a wash on Google very close to the proposed camp spot. Is that wash soft sand or atleast soft?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Will likely park a little bit away from the group with my terror of an animal to keep the annoyance factor minimal for others hopefully. I'm still up in the air on if I'm bringing him or just paying to board him. I really don't have the funds and he really likes it out there but he can be such a pain around groups trying to get in food and being too friendly around other dogs...

I'll attach a stun gun to Clyde's ass. That might help ;)

Back