Truckhaven Oct. 21st -23rd 20th Anniversary Run Part 2 | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truckhaven Oct. 21st -23rd 20th Anniversary Run Part 2

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just got my time off approved so I'm definitely in. Going to rent a toy to bring out there since I can't afford to break the explorer (no AAA tows until November) thinking of either a 2016 Limited 4WD just to see what it can do, or a Jeep Renegade Trailhawk. Ideas? I've seen that the trailhawk is actually pretty good off road, aside from having no travel

Don't worry about being a "little dog". I don't think there will be enough of us to split into different groups. There are so many optional trails in Truckhaven, there is nearly always a bypass trail if you can't make it through. Its a great place to learn your rigs capabilities.

Well, the explorer is still ready (mechanically)... I changed the steering box out on the van so the sector shaft is no longer moving sideways...

I did find another issue..

That's the trac bar (runs a weird double trac bar)... I'm using Ford radius arm bushings.... So I need to find a set (maybe go poly this time).... That slop plus the sticking outer tie rod isn't bad but I'd prefer to not have that issue when pulling the trailer...

On a different subject.... Is there still a count of how many people are going to make it AND I didn't see a popluck thread? No potluck this year?

~Mark

Also interested in potluck info. I'll be bringing some Mac and Cheese to share. And not the Kraft in a box kind either

Just finished putting JP back together. Everything lined up good the time with the new locker. I'll test drive tomorrow when I get home from work, but it should be good.

@Char has been slacking. She needs to get on the pot luck dinner :D

Bummer, Dave!

It looks like I'm not bringing that YXZ after all. Someone at the office rolled it last weekend and totaled it. I'll be bringing a Wolverine instead. It's really more suited for the area, but I was looking forward to driving the YXZ.

Getting excited to be out there. :thumbsup:

Wolverine_KOH.jpg

@Rick & @BKennedy

You guys arriving Wednesday or Thursday... Look like I got Wednesday off.. It'll be evening before I get out there (I'm on Call Tuesday Night, so I can't leave till Wednesday late-ish morning)..

~Mark

I won't be arriving until Thursday afternoon.

Friday afternoon. Me and the kids are off, but wife has meetings at work. We threatened to leave her behind :nono:

I'm on schedule to leave the house Wednesday mid-morning. Should be all packed and ready today, with the exception of filling the holding tank with H2O and hooking up the Explorer.

Looks like its going to be hot out there https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/18755:21:US
Same temps as predicted here in San Diego.

Like I posted earlier, I have a new to me RV that most of you have seen before: I sold my RV and took possession of my parent's rig, that has been mostly parked for the past few years. Its the double slide-out white 35' Dolphin, so don't look for the Winnebago. I will park the Explorer so its visible to approaching vehicles.

Rick has been up there before, but I plan on parking a few hundred feet further down the mesa.

I think we have a few RV's, one creepy white van sleeper :confused:, and the rest are tent campers. The spot I have in mind worked well for a similar group at TDS last year. There are a several soft and smooth spots for tents.

Heading out Thursday at some point! Or whenever Norm has everything loaded! Lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Still on target to go, though I don't know which day yet (Thursday or Friday). Either day will be about an 11 AM arrival.

Back