"True" performance intake kit | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

"True" performance intake kit

Would you be interested in a "true" performance intake tube"

• Yes a silicone rubber tube would be great.

Votes: 185 86.9%
  • No, I want my chrome and don't care about the heat.

Votes: 28 13.1%

• Total voters
Dude, I get the aluminum one and pay like $180 for it because I read everywhere that it made no difference in heating the air which passes through it... Yeah, I'd buy one :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not really sure what's going on with this project. I haven't seen any updates and late spring is just about over. Maybe summer?

I'm in!

i'd be in

I too would be in if this happens...
Status?

Warren, is this in the pipeline for us Gen 1 owners? I think we have some very interested parties...

Originally posted by Ross-N-Chicago
Warren, is this in the pipeline for us Gen 1 owners? I think we have some very interested parties...
Yes, we still have very good intentions of offering the intake pipes, though economic conditions are delaying the project far more than was anticipated.

Well I'd be interested in one for a 98' 5.0L if I don't end up buying the K&N first, I may just get the KKM Filter and hope the tube comes available later.

-Matt

I would be in on it too. K&Ns are too pricey.

I'd pick one up for sure. Just as a note: If you were to replace your stock tube from Ford parts, it will cost you $74. I know mine started to crack from age in all those little ribbed areas, so, an alternative to Ford's price, no matter how significant of a gain in HP, would be nice. While you're at it though, go ahead and design a first gen snorkel kit that doesn't look like PVC pipe and hose clamps. All the rigs I've seen done so far look like A$$!! I think I speak for a quite a few of us first genners when I say we'd pay a handsome chunk for such a thing. Anyone else?

I agree with Kevin, a snorkel kit for the first gens would be great.

Kevin, haven't seen you on here in awhile. Where you been?

i just found this thread im totally interested in either a blue or black tube. I almost bought the ifab.net tube until I read all the bad stuff about heat soak. keep us informed

count me in

When this item is produced, I will buy one and I like the IFAB version however the price is kind of steep and as long as someone else is producing what I need, I am in:D

me too. whats the status?

I wouldn't suspect seeing them anytime soon. For KKM to commit to a project that is relatively small to them, they have to be sure they can sell beyond this forum as well. This thread is almost a year old so that should give us an idea of where we stand.

BTW, I mean no disrespect to Warren or KKM. This is business and it has to make sense to them as well...

I'd take one for my first gen too. Black is great. Green would Be Bad@$$ though. It'd match my exterior paint.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back