Truxxx lift kit? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truxxx lift kit?

QUOTE FROM THE ROADBULLY SPACER THREAD: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223741 "Looks like Roadbully has bailed on his last couple buyers. Taking their money and not delivering a product.

PLEASE DO NOT PM HIM TO ORDER OR YOU MAY BE THE NEXT CAUSALITY

He has not been a Vendor or an Elite member for some time. This thread had been kept open for people to discuss the product that they had already received, not to order new products.

WHAT YA GOTTA SAY ABOUT THE GUY AND HIS SPACERS NOW?:p: Looks like Truxxx may be the only way to go now, unfortunately. :thumbdwn:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

WHAT YA GOTTA SAY ABOUT THE GUY AND HIS SPACERS NOW?:p: Looks like Truxxx may be the only way to go now, unfortunately. :thumbdwn:

Well theres that (3rd gen ex . com) forum that hes on... And whose to say he wont be selling them anymore.... He made so many happy and enjoy there explorers a lot more.... He will be missed here:(

I love this lift, but doesn't lifting a vehicle drop its value, and would it make it harder to sale my truck?

Well theres that 3rd gen ex forum that hes on... And whose to say he wont be selling them anymore.... He made so many happy and enjoy there explorers a lot more.... He will be missed here:(

Yeah, but you have to admit... a four month wait time is ridiculous! :thumbdwn:

I love this lift, but doesn't lifting a vehicle drop its value, and would it make it harder to sale my truck?

No, unless you try to sell it to a sorry dealer, like Carmax. Most of the time mods like a lift kit, bigger off road tires, bigger wheels, etc increase the resale value.

Yes and yes.

A modified vehicle will be harder to sell in the long run. Most buyers are not looking for lifted vehicles because they are often abused and any drivetrain or suspension modifications only increases the stress on parts. From what I've seen, a stock vehicle will sell much easier on CraigsList.

Time for a long term update. I have PM'd some of the ones who installed the lift a year ago. Lets see how that goes... if they ever reply. Some haven't been active here for 6 months...

32286640017_large.jpg

So I've had the spacers on for a year now. IMO the spacers have settled a little but other than that there seems to be no issue really...

i ordered truxxx liftkit on 23 of Dec. but i didn't get it until now.

@dubaiexplorer: really nice aggressive looking. i want to know where did you install the liftkit .... i don't know any good garage here in KSA. i'll visit dubai to install it.

Heck, that's pretty good! Especially considering the holidays!
That "other banned vendor" had a minimum of a two month wait or longer...

That's a nice looking rig!

hey s213497,

you dont need to go to dubai to install your lift man. The lift kit comes with DETAILED instructions. As long as you follow the instructions word for word you cant go wrong! All you need to do is go to any reputable garage in KSA and get them to follow the instructions. It even comes with instructions for wheel alignment (including caster, camber, etc) which is recommended once you've installed the lift. The install takes a matter of hours.

If you really really cannot find anyone there to install it for you I would recommend AAA garage in Dubai in Al Quoz. But honestly its very straight forward. So much so that if I had the tools and the time I would have done it myself with a buddy and a few beers.

Hope that helps you.

Good luck!

@dubaiexplorer: thnx for the prompt reply. I appreciate your effort. I'll search For a good garage nowadays here in KSA until I receive the kit.

Can you please tell me what are the modification you've done to get this look of your X?
Tyre size?
Does it rub?
Any spacer or suspension modification?
I really like the clearance of your car since I've busted my radiator a month ago. I am very eager to have the kit installed and to have bigger tyres.

Thnx again.

Tyres: LT265/70r17 Cooper Discoverer STT
Spacers: Nope
Suspension mods: Truxxx lift ONLY

Theres no tyre rub with this particular tyre size. Go any larger and you will get rubbing either against the inside of the wheel arches (front wheels only) or against the upper arm of the suspension.

If you decide to go larger than 265/70 17s then try spacers but I have no experience with that.

I thought about using bigger tyres in the back and these tyres in front. Would that look weird.....?

@dubaiexplorer:
thnx for Your usual helpful support. I think that it will be weird to have different sizes.

Thnx and wish u safe offroading.

Just had the Truxxx lift kit installed on my 2006 EB! I have 265/70/R17 Bridgestone Dueler Revo 2s installed as well.

ExplorerLift.jpg

@neuor: congrats. For the new kit. Can u upload a picture from the side? Or a lower picture so that we see how much is it lifted.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

@neuor: congrats. For the new kit. Can u upload a picture from the side? Or a lower picture so that we see how much is it lifted.

Thanks! Here is one picture, there are more located here:

Back