Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Trying to find Driveway Mechanic in the Northern Virginia area

Discussion in 'ECX - East Coast Xplorers' started by IBrokeDadsCar, February 17, 2015.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. IBrokeDadsCar

IBrokeDadsCar Member

City, State:
      Falls Church, VA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2008 AWD V8 Limited
      Hi everyone, not sure if I'm posting this in the right section, but I need to get my AC Evaporator replaced. The dealership is quoting about $1700 to get this done, $1300 of which is labor. I used to be part of the Supra community and we had a couple semi-professional mechanics that worked out of their driveways for lower rates and with arguably better work. Do we know of anyone like this in the Northern Virginia area?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. boominXplorer

boominXplorer Elite Ranger Elite Explorer

Media:
      Albums:
      City, State:
      Virginia Beach, Va
      00 4x4 Mounty
      The evaporator is not an easy job for sure and to do it you need plenty of room to work. Too bad I don't live in Fredericksburg anymore, I would pick up the job in a heartbeat. Now if you would want to go for a drive, come down to Va Beach. I do own a shop and have a TON of experience on all years of explorers and could get you in and out within a day.

4. IBrokeDadsCar

IBrokeDadsCar Member

City, State:
      Falls Church, VA
      2008 AWD V8 Limited
      Thanks for your reply Boomin. Not sure if I can make the drive down there just yet, but out of curiosity, what kind of price would you charge for the job?

5. boominXplorer

boominXplorer Elite Ranger Elite Explorer

Media:
      Albums:
      City, State:
      Virginia Beach, Va
      00 4x4 Mounty
      I charge $65 an hour and go by book time. Doing a quick lookup its 7.7 hours and +.2 if you have rear hvac. Then add the cost of the evaporator core, recharge, coolant ect. You would still under a grand out the door though. Send me a PM if your serious and I'll work you up an exact price.