• Register Today It's free!

TT/Shackles With ARC

1990_LX

Reaction score
City, State
Clifton Park, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer XLT
Hey everyone, I have a 2000 Limited 5.0 AWD that I am finishing up making a set of lift shackles for. I plan on using them along with adding a leaf and leveling the front with a torsion twist and a 3" body lift. Being that my truck has the factory air ride in the back that I would like to keep I know I need to reposition the mount for the ride level sensor to make up for the lift shackles and extra leaf.

Under normal operation when the truck is level on level ground, should the bottom arm that bolts to the rear housing be parallel with the ground? I plan on unbolting it from the housing and making an extension to go there as it seems like it'll be easier than trying to do it from the top. I just need to know where the bottom arm rests so that I know how tall to make a spacer.

Also, how much can you push the air ride shocks as far as travel goes? Would shackles and an extra leaf be too high?

No one?

Looking for an answer to the same question!

my guess would be move the bracket down as far as your lifting up start by measuring from the upper mount to the lower sensor mount at the "stock" or current height, then install your lift mods, then weld in a plate for the lower mount prolly a 4 or 5" plate maybe 2" wide i would think should be fine, then measure again from that upper sensor mount to the "original" location measurement and install the lower mount at that mark on the new plate, or using the same instruction make something a little more aesthetically pleasing, maybe something the same diameter as the existing sensor

Back