UK new year round up. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

UK new year round up.

Prices

I think its good to avoid the additional costs to encourage more people to come along, I would be more than happy to simply meet up at a place of interest, with a reasonable pub near by and have a great day meeting you all, looking at our Explorers and then going to see the sites- That would be more affordable to most and also a better chance to get to know each other.

Let me know what you think please, I would like to firm up the deal here so we can all agree a date, place and time.

Thanks for your patience...............We will meet soon!
:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I agree

I'd go for that, it's simple option. You might think I'm crazy, But I wouldn't want to do any offroading, well not intentionally, so a meet with undemanding add-ons would work for me!

I agree that anything not too expensive is better as I didn't realise how much the NEC cost so am happy just to meet up as fairly skint now after buying all the children's xmas gifts and having to get the car fixed!
As before my Explorer is poorly but good news is I have just sourced a transfer box which should be delivered to the garage on Tues so fingers crossed!

I am between Nottingham and Derby but am happy to drive reasonable distance to fit in with most other people.

Somewhere with good scenery to get some interesting photos? there's a place called Mow Cop in staffs, which is very scenic... I know it's further north than birmingham.. but it could well be a good day... I'll get saving!

Si

Count me in, central with as much to see and do for free sounds good. A cheap near by camp site may help spread the time and make the fuel cost more acceptable.

Boots

Ok we have some agreement on location creeping in Good!
Now pass the word on please folks, keep an eye out for newbies and well............Jump on them with the news of a UK meet. Also any old timers here, I mean long term Ex owners like Howard not Age wise Old timers, Like eh ...........Howard! HE he he! :)
JUst kidding, (better be good to Howard, he is going to do my 00m12 job when he gets the kit- Dont want hime to take a link out of my timing chain.............................He would never do that would he folks??????????????

Doubt it he is a super fabulous genuine nice bloke, with a sunny disposition and a kind warm smile////////Cough, cough!

Thanks m8.:D

Location looks good. Not sure about the date yet. Dare I say half term would be better (16th/17th Feb or 20th/21st Feb). Quite like the idea of camping too. Under 6 ins of snow would be a laugh lol.

Half term makes sense mate, great idea- that way more would likely come along.
Not too sure about the snow thing tho mate! Brrrr

dates fine with me 20-21st feb it is then
still waiting for the 4x4 place to get back to me ,ill call when we agree when.
all agree on the date ?? and the need for thermals lol
cheers rich

I'm up for this!
Unfortuantely can't make the Feb dates however should we agree on another date and venue.
See you soon?

The meet

thought I would drop a line in here to avoid the thread being pushed back!
Lets keep this alive and defo sort a place and time out, the ssoner we agree the better and we can confirm numbers!
Cant wait to meet up with you all!#Yippee!
My Ex gets to meet her sisters and relatives.........................Ok I forgot my medication today :) Everyone desrves a day off Eh?!

thought I would drop a line in here to avoid the thread being pushed back!
Lets keep this alive and defo sort a place and time out, the ssoner we agree the better and we can confirm numbers!
Cant wait to meet up with you all!#Yippee!
My Ex gets to meet her sisters and relatives.........................Ok I forgot my medication today :) Everyone desrves a day off Eh?!

Oh dear :(

being without an X has really affected you :p:

yes quite right too, just been busy started a new job but hadn't forgoten !
guys/gals is the 20/21st feb ok ???if so reply
then i,ll phone the place I saw and see what they can do.
any other ideas welcome!!!!
lets sort it
rich

I am up for a meet as well, Warwickshire sounds good, not too interested in off road though, cant afford the proper tyres!

I was planning to follow u too lol my 50/50 AT,s aint nothing like betty,s boots !
if we do 2 days we could do both ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back