UltraGauge and tranmission temp beta program | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

UltraGauge and tranmission temp beta program

Maniak

Moderator-Stock 91-94
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Vail, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT 4x4
Some people have said they were not going to buy the Ultragauge because it didn't have transmission temp. Well, it looks like they are sort of adding it.

I noticed on their site, info about a beta program which has trans temp. From reading their forum, its Ford, GM and Prius only..

Here is what I found on their site @ http://ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/support/UltraGauge_Support_LP.html

Manufacturer specific gauges (transmission temp and others)
The OBDII standard sets forth a good many "gauges" which UltraGauge can currently display. However, separate from the OBDII standard, many manufacturers have made available additional gauges, such as Transmission Temperature and others. However, these manufacturer specific gauges are not standardized and each manufacturer may choose to implement them in a custom fashion. Support for manufacturer gauges is currently in development. Initial release will likely support GM, Ford, and the Toyota Prius. Others may be added in the future. If you are interested in becoming a beta customer for the pre-release version that supports manufacturer specific gauges, please contact enhanced_beta@ultra-gauge.com.

Just thought I'd let people know... So far we love our Ultragauge, and it was definatly worth the $70.. and NO, I don't have any stock in the company.. just passing along info I so when I was looking for something else there.

~Mark

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What ever happend with this? I just bought/installed an UltraGauge over the weekend. Very awsome. If it had the trans temp it would be everything I could ask for.

After I have had it for a bit of time I intend to do a review on it.

I haven't heard anymore about the trans temp thing. I'm using it on our 2000 civic (manual trans) so its not something I need.

So far, its worked great. Its even handled getting way too hot. The highest temp I've seen the ultragage report (its own temp) was 175F. The screen was hard to read until it cooled off, but it worked fine.

I primarily use it to watch for when it goes into lean burn (.4v for upstream o2) and the mpg. The DTE and fuel left is actually more accurate than I expected but Its not something I use often..

~Mark

bump any more input on the ultaguage? looking to purchase one this week, if it reads the tranny temp now that is awesome but not too worried about it since I already have a tranny temp guage.

Any input is appreciated

I haven't followed the beta program since the newest vehicle with an auto trans that we own is 1992. Everything else is manual trans.

I can say that our ultrauge is still working well after 5 years and it's seen much higher temps than it should (I've seen it report upper 170F temps many times).

I'd say it's worth sending them an email and see what they say now. I do see they have the MX 1.3 which lets you add manufacturer specific stuff but it looks like you need to know the codes yourself.

~Mark

I haven't followed the beta program since the newest vehicle with an auto trans that we own is 1992. Everything else is manual trans.

I can say that our ultrauge is still working well after 5 years and it's seen much higher temps than it should (I've seen it report upper 170F temps many times).

I'd say it's worth sending them an email and see what they say now. I do see they have the MX 1.3 which lets you add manufacturer specific stuff but it looks like you need to know the codes yourself.

~Mark

Thank you for the quick reply

I have 2 of these with the Ford OEM codes added in and they are GREAT!!! You need to specify when you are ordering that you want the special beta programing for the Ford stuff. The will spit back something about they will do it but because there has not been allot of interest that they will not support it bla bla bla. Don't worry, it works great. I have used it on several Gen2 Explorers and my 1998 Mustang and it works awesome.

I am using the windshield mount suction cup to hold it. I have found that if you bend the mount post sharply at the suction cup end and place everything so that the sharp bend is against the dash board and the Ultra gauge is touching the dash board on one side and the A pillar on the other side that it is very stable and never falls off.

Perfect ! Just to confirm I can have it showing oil pressure and engine temp on the display screen?

The PCM will not show true oil pressure. The sender is just a "switch" on your truck. Either you have pressure or you do not, that is all the sender can tell the PCM

Back