Upgrading 2016 Limited suspension system! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Upgrading 2016 Limited suspension system!

Frankie Pham

Reaction score
City, State
Copperas Cove texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Limited
What happends is everytime drive into water on the road, my 2016 would slip for little bit and it's scary and not safe at all. I've installed Traxxda lift kit strut spacers front and back! Idk if that effected it! Is there any upgrade options or what is your suggestion for me? Would A/T tires help? Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you referring to hydroplaning? Or traction slipping? Hydroplaning is usually a result of how fast one is going and a tire not being able to disperse the water fast enough.
If the latter, then you would want a better tire than the Hankooks which I'm guessing you have on. A/T tire would possibly be an improvement but some also create a bit more noise due to the tread pattern. If tires are slipping in most cases the Traction Control will likely kick in.

Peter

Hydroplaning Yes! Would Atturo Trailblade XT be a good option ? And one more question, is there an upgrade for my suspension like steering stablizer or better shocks and strut than stock ones? Thanks

How fast are you driving through standing water?

Slowing down and trying to avoid standing water are the best ways to reduce the likelihood of hydroplaning.

New tires can help, but driving too fast and through deeper/more water than the tires can displace could still cause you to hydroplane on new tires.

Lift kits, suspension upgrades, and steering dampers won't do anything to prevent hydroplaning.

Back