Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Upgrading 2016 Limited suspension system!

Discussion in 'Stock 2011 - 2018 Ford Explorer Discussion' started by Frankie Pham, September 12, 2017.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Frankie Pham

Frankie Pham New Member

City, State:
      Copperas Cove texas
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2016 Explorer Limited
      What happends is everytime drive into water on the road, my 2016 would slip for little bit and it's scary and not safe at all. I've installed Traxxda lift kit strut spacers front and back! Idk if that effected it! Is there any upgrade options or what is your suggestion for me? Would A/T tires help? Thanks

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. peterk9

peterk9 Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Ottawa, Ontario area
      2017 Explorer Platinum
      Callsign:
      VE3
      Are you referring to hydroplaning? Or traction slipping? Hydroplaning is usually a result of how fast one is going and a tire not being able to disperse the water fast enough.
      If the latter, then you would want a better tire than the Hankooks which I'm guessing you have on. A/T tire would possibly be an improvement but some also create a bit more noise due to the tread pattern. If tires are slipping in most cases the Traction Control will likely kick in.

Peter

4. Frankie Pham

Frankie Pham New Member

City, State:
      Copperas Cove texas
      2016 Explorer Limited
      Hydroplaning Yes! Would Atturo Trailblade XT be a good option ? And one more question, is there an upgrade for my suspension like steering stablizer or better shocks and strut than stock ones? Thanks

5. KayGee

KayGee Member

City, State:
      Farmington, MI
      '16 & '17 PIU
      How fast are you driving through standing water?

Slowing down and trying to avoid standing water are the best ways to reduce the likelihood of hydroplaning.

New tires can help, but driving too fast and through deeper/more water than the tires can displace could still cause you to hydroplane on new tires.

Lift kits, suspension upgrades, and steering dampers won't do anything to prevent hydroplaning.

• Like Like x 2
    6. Frankie Pham

Frankie Pham New Member

City, State:
      Copperas Cove texas
      2016 Explorer Limited
      Ok understood! Thank you everybody!