1. to Ford Explorer and Ranger owner generated reviews, discussion, tech tips, how to articles, off-road modifications, events, and more! Since 1996 we have been the #1 Ford Explorer resource on the Internet. We also cover the Explorer Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer, Lincoln Navigator, Mazda Navajo, Mazda Pickups, and the Aerostar.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Dismiss Notice

upper intake manifold vacuum leak

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by 184baller, June 6, 2007.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. 184baller

184baller Member

May 21, 2007
      City, State:
      vancouver bc
      Year and Model:
      '96 xlt 2' and 33s
      So most of us know about the common intake leak. and i have fixed it once alread and it was fine for a while now its doing it again. (I have a4L pushrod 96 XLT standard.)
      so any ways when i fixed it the first time i went and got the gasket set for it . and when i had it apart the rubber gaskets would not work for under the fuel rail and there was a papper gasket there. so i went and got the older style papper gasket and replaced it. like i said it only lasted a short time .
      Now this is what i was thinking imgonna go to the wreckers and get the whole upper intake from an older 4l pushrod motor (1st gen) and put that in and see what happens.
      howevre the diogram i got from for shows that my intake should have the rubber gaskets under the fuel rail , so i wonder if a previous owner changed the fuel rail.
    2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.