Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

using ecm for stand alone transmission controller

Discussion in 'Computers, Chips & Tuning' started by Steven Legere, November 21, 2017.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Steven Legere

Steven Legere New Member

City, State:
      Taylor, Texas
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1983 E150 conversion van
      I was brought a blank 69 mustang, dakota digital dash, a 5.0 engine and transmission from a 2001 Mountaineer, wiring harness, ecm, fuel pump sending unit and a few other parts. I installed it all, had the ecm reflashed without pats, egr, downstream o2s,. It ran but started throwing codes. It was determined that the 16yr old engine harness had problems. I switched to a carbureted intake and distributor. the tps was adapted and crank sensor and coolant temp sensor retained. Fuel pump relay is now triggered by ign. I was told the ecm would still controll the transmission but it wont shift out of 1st gear. I need serious help now.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. boominXplorer

boominXplorer Elite Ranger Elite Explorer

Media:
      Albums:
      City, State:
      Virginia Beach, Va
      00 4x4 Mounty
      Baumann Engineering makes the controller you now need, no reason to fight with the factory pcm.

4. Steven Legere

Steven Legere New Member

City, State:
      Taylor, Texas
      1983 E150 conversion van
      thank you. Thats what I needed to hear. I am tired of fighting this thing. I was beginning to think it was posessed.