Value of 2014 Explorer Utility Interceptor Ecoboost | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Value of 2014 Explorer Utility Interceptor Ecoboost

unixadm

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 PIU Ecoboost
Hello,

I've been looking at a 2013/2014 Explorer Utility to have as a daily driver. I just ordered a 2016 Dodge Charger Hellcat and am reducing my 'fleet' of vehicles to make way for this new beast. I thought that an Explorer would do a good job of replacing my 2014 Durango R/T, save me some money and still have something which could haul stuff around.

So I've been looking for a lower mile 2013/2014 Explorer and have seen them sell for between $13k and $29k. I currently have my eye on a 2014.5 Explorer Utility Ecoboost with about 34k miles on it. I'm trying to get a fair market value.

The seller wants $27k. It's in good clean shape, about 1300 engine hours and 650 idle hours. Cloth with carpet, black exterior, Ecoboost but that's about it for options. It has one accident on Carfax with the right front when it was left the roadway and hit an embankment. This was very early in it's life at like 5k miles. Pictures of the tires on the front show even wear and I'm hard pressed to see any repairs. Body panels all fit good, under carriage looks good, interior is in excellent condition.

Anyone bought an Ecoboost Utility and if so, what was the market value? I was watching an Explorer Utility on eBay (2013 with 4,700 miles) and it just sold for $22,750 with the 3.7L. It had two accidents in Carfax and showed some body panel fitment issues.

This Explorer has a recent full brake service and is still under the bumper to bumper warranty for a couple thousand more miles.

It's hard to find them in decent condition or with low miles. That 2014.5 Ecoboost price is in the right ballpark, depending on how it was used (besides the crash). Lower if part of a police fleet. With its limited view out the rear windows, backup camera, reverse sensing, and BLIS (blind spot info system) are almost mandatory. Most of the police fleet second orders add the camera option because of bad experiences in the field. SYNC is a nice option if you have a cellphone.

It's not an Ecoboost, but I just listed a 2014 3.7L Ford Police Interceptor Utility AWD for sale here.

Hello,

I've been looking at a 2013/2014 Explorer Utility to have as a daily driver. I just ordered a 2016 Dodge Charger Hellcat and am reducing my 'fleet' of vehicles to make way for this new beast. I thought that an Explorer would do a good job of replacing my 2014 Durango R/T, save me some money and still have something which could haul stuff around.

So I've been looking for a lower mile 2013/2014 Explorer and have seen them sell for between $13k and $29k. I currently have my eye on a 2014.5 Explorer Utility Ecoboost with about 34k miles on it. I'm trying to get a fair market value.

The seller wants $27k. It's in good clean shape, about 1300 engine hours and 650 idle hours. Cloth with carpet, black exterior, Ecoboost but that's about it for options. It has one accident on Carfax with the right front when it was left the roadway and hit an embankment. This was very early in it's life at like 5k miles. Pictures of the tires on the front show even wear and I'm hard pressed to see any repairs. Body panels all fit good, under carriage looks good, interior is in excellent condition.

Anyone bought an Ecoboost Utility and if so, what was the market value? I was watching an Explorer Utility on eBay (2013 with 4,700 miles) and it just sold for $22,750 with the 3.7L. It had two accidents in Carfax and showed some body panel fitment issues.

This Explorer has a recent full brake service and is still under the bumper to bumper warranty for a couple thousand more miles.
For a non-crashed explorer that's a fair deal. For a crashed one, however, $22,000-$24,000 would be more appropriate.

A few 2016/7 ecoboost PIUs with less than 10k miles went through auction in Detroit recently for $30k.

Back