value of a transfer case? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

value of a transfer case?

OhioCichlids

Reaction score
For a 94 Ford Explorer 4.0? I got my parts truck a couple hours ago. Im not sure what kind of price I should put on some of this stuff.

It all depends on the value of supply and demand and how many miles and shape it is in. Like for instance. A 1354 Manual tcase is in high demand on this site, reason for the high demand is they seem to be tougher than a electric one and they are more reliable and they sell for 150-250 range. On the other hand the 1354 electric case, sells for 50 bucks, reasoning: It is not as reliable and kinda weak compaired to the manual, and you never know when the motor is going to fail you unlike the manual which you KNOW is in 4x4.

So when selling stuff don't expect to get 700 bucks for a complete running engine with 250k on it. But don't sell a manual tcase for 25 dollars either.

Good luck!!!!

chexk out www.car-parts.com , it's a junk yard listing from many places in Canada and the US. It gives a little detail as far as condition and can indicate demand in an area too. Good luck!

Back