• Register Today It's free!

Vehicle Health Report

Jeff118

Reaction score
City, State
South Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer XLT
I have a 2017 XLT Explorer, it does not have Vehicle Health Report. When I am signed in to owner.ford.com it says "Vehicle Health Report is not available for your vehicle.", and I tried anyway, it is not there.

Is it something that can be enabled? For those that have it, is it useful, something I should want to have? Or better off without it?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 2017 XLT Explorer, it does not have Vehicle Health Report. When I am signed in to owner.ford.com it says "Vehicle Health Report is not available for your vehicle.", and I tried anyway, it is not there.

Is it something that can be enabled? For those that have it, is it useful, something I should want to have? Or better off without it?

Thanks
I believe the Vehicle Health Report (VHR) was discontinued with the 2016 model year. Not sure if it is useful since it was never available for those of us in Canada.
I don't know if it an item that can be enabled or not. Perhaps you can ask that question in one of the Forscan threads if you don't get an answer here.

Peter

Thank you Peter. That is interesting. They certainly do not make it clear on the Ford website.

I get the same message Jeff. Could be because mine is brand new and has a clean sled, with no maintenance data entered yet, not even it's first oil change. I'm not concerned about it since everything is documented by my dealer. My main reason for signing up is for the Sync updates, which i just done on my 2012 F150 this morning.
http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...nstall-ford-sync-updates-in-your-vehicle.html

Vehicle health report is not a feature of Sync 3. That was in sync 2

My 2016 has the VHR available but read somewhere that it was dropped starting in MY 2017. I've used it a few times but what it reports is so generic it is almost useless.

My 2016 has the VHR available but read somewhere that it was dropped starting in MY 2017. I've used it a few times but what it reports is so generic it is almost useless.
Thanks for that update. I knew the 2017 models didn't have VHR but wasn't sure about the 2016 MY. Since it was never available in Canada due to the language issue, I won't be missing it.:)

Peter

That will be available in the 2018 Explorer Jeff.

Peter

Newbie here. We had a 2015 Explorer and used VHR regularly. We have a new 2017 Explorer XLT now and just activated VHR on it through Fordowner.com. Here's the headline to find it through SYNC3 & APPLINK:

Receive Vehicle Health Alerts & Vehicle Health Reports through FordPass™ and SYNC® 3 AppLink®

Newbie here. We had a 2015 Explorer and used VHR regularly. We have a new 2017 Explorer XLT now and just activated VHR on it through Fordowner.com. Here's the headline to find it through SYNC3 & APPLINK:

Receive Vehicle Health Alerts & Vehicle Health Reports through FordPass™ and SYNC® 3 AppLink®

As mentioned in post #7, VHR isn't available on the 2017 Explorer the way it was on previous years. FordPass will be available on the 2018. Not sure about Applink since I don't use it.

Peter

Is it possible to get vehicle health reports on my 2018 that has the basic sync radio?

^^ Your thread was merged with this existing one.

Peter

Although I'm not sure, I believe is it no longer available. The following seems unclear on 2017+ vehicles with Sync 3. Vehicle Health Report Discontinued FAQs
Perhaps someone with a 2017+ model can confirm.

Peter

Back