Very bored + spare parts = Ricer Xplorer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Very bored + spare parts = Ricer Xplorer

well the rain got the best of us today...so not much got done.....thursday is the next day I have off and were going to try and get more work done....I'll keep this thing posted often...throw out your feelings good or bad!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well actaully, im holding off on that until after I decide weather I am going to like the outcome of what I am currnetly doing....If I keep the kit....then I am going to be looking at 22" in the rear and 20" in the front, Possibly with spinners. and If I dont like it then I am going to lift the truck with some rock crawlers and a lift kit! so im praying I like the kit, when it's all said and done....as for what rims...I havent decided yet...alot of Chrome tho!

I could see this looking good if it had the flares following down the bumper and the expo lowerd stock hight makes it to high off the ground for that to look right. props on the creativeness but for god sakes and all that is holly dont put spinners there gayer than ellen degenerous, to match the body kit style your trying spinner will look horrid.

Hey jtsmith, thats a great Idea I didnt think of that....thursday were headed to Harry's you pull it....I am pickin up a hood to do some custom work on...I will see if I can find a mounty grill and give that a shot....thanx for that idea! thanks for all the others words to guys!

BeauJ said:
Anything is better than this

7134ricexplorer.jpg

I agree!! I have searched and searched for body kits for the ford explorer and all i have found is that stupid platinum body kit! I can't believe no one else makes a body kit. I can see why AiwaExplorer was making his own! Keep the pics coming.

Hey guys sorry for a while since a post I havent given up.....i got rearended by a dang tuner car....so Now my rear bumper is folded up... so were gonna bump rite into the rear bumper since Im kinda at a loss rite now without one! work coming tomorrow....should have new pics!

AiwaExplorer said:
Hey guys sorry for a while since a post I havent given up.....i got rearended by a dang tuner car....

Am I the only one who finds the irony in this?? ;)

well we got a good amount of work done.....nothing is finished yet...or nothing spectacular....But we did bust out my favorite tool and Grind and sawzall the heck out of my rear bumper, As the rear I am using is a bumper skirt....so it must be mounted to a bumper.....We cut down the factory bumper....Alot of cutting...Prolly not safe...If I get rearended again...But that will be fixed later to!

for the pic of whats left of my stock bumper..

2351937_6_full.jpg

Heres a pic of the rear bumper from straight behind now...

2351937_7_full.jpg

And a Side pic of the rear bumper.....alot more working coming on this and the front....with them mounted the work should start getting done more quickly....as we can now see where the minor adjustments need to be made

2351937_8_full.jpg

ok guys lv me some feedback...good or bad...I wanna hear your idea or advice....Sideskirts and custom hood and more body work coming...stay tuned!

hey thanx, Yeah it's slowly coming together.....the sideskirts are most definetly going to be the biggest pain....they are so incorrect...but we will see what happens!

can you take the pics down please....all of them.

poor explorer, looks like it ran over a civic and the civic just got stuck underneath it

Yes, thats our sawzall laying on the ground..... and heres a pic of us taking the cutting wheel to the rear bumper....Enjoy the sparks...keep the comments coming!

2351937_9_full.jpg

I have off tomorrow and Were planning on getting some things more along the way....Hopefully we can get the rear bumper mounted and fixed the way it should be....and the sideskirts at least on! and maybe start on are functional hood scoop!

I have tried to keep my mouth shut, but I can't anymore...

WTF you took that poor little X and turned it into the fugliest damn thing I have ever seen. I mean c'mon those body kits look like **** on the vehicles they were designed for...

Perhaps I am just getting irritated with the world but what is happening to this site lately. Perhaps Jimbo has a good point we need a ricer forum....

First it's people hacking up rice civic body kits, then it is people asking how to make their Explorer sound like a mustang. What's the next thread I am going to open? How to install led valve stems and washer nozzles.....

Damn..... rant over, I need to move over to Corral.net for an hour or two :rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Awwww
let the kid have fun
at least he isn't doing drugs
I am with you as far as the styling dreamr, i wouldn't have it. As I understand it he is going to alter it.I can honestly say I still won't like it for myself, but it is his truck.I encourage the experiment. It is his to do with what makes him happy, and this site is for all to share.
I enjoy looking at the muddin' pics and shaking my head, but I will never drive my stuff on it. I don't call those people fools, but I do laugh ( it looks like fun with your truck lol)

I am just glad to see the guy staying busy

Back