Very bored + spare parts = Ricer Xplorer | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Very bored + spare parts = Ricer Xplorer

still gonna fill in the skirts with the mesh to match the bumper....then build them up and glass them into the fender flares so it all appears as one piece front to back.....and keep working from there....Lots of crazy ideas still going into it....looking to have everything we can think of done by next year's ford nationals @ carlise! including the fully molded kit....Fully clean shaven, on bags, on front 20" and rear 22", more engine work, Neons and strobes every where, hatch shaven and smothed out....lexan rear window with frenched license plate....and are hardest idea....which will be suicide Lambo doors! suicide open then swing up and back....with lots more mods and tail light conversion...keep posted...everything will slowly get into here with pics! And thanks to all for the comments so far!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm gonna have to saunter up to State College to see this thing one of these days...:) I'm not a fan of the lowered look, but it's definitely an interesting project.

ditch the neons...they look retarded imo. Those suicdide lambo doors will be hard as hell, just thinking how that is going to work gives me a headache. You know what you should do, is start mass producing your body kit for explorers. Use your current ex as the guini pig (already have) and then when you start selling them, use the ex as a jib.

Hey thanx for the kind words....Yes there have been many headaches and lots of hours into it...it's still not where I want it to be....but more work and it should really start coming around.....I really like driving this thing around...it gets some really odd double takes! There not really Neons.....it's really all strobe lights....I have 6 alone behind the grill and Yes ur thing trashy...but u really need to see it....it's is pretty neat looking in a parking lot.....Maybe I can get a video and post it up....anywayz...keep the words coming...I will get more done and more pics!

Suggestion....

AiwaExplorer said:
well here is the front bumper and a pic of the sides...i have more pics coming..these arent the best pics....but they'll work for now...

2351937_13_full.jpg

2351937_15_full.jpg

Think maybe you should put a little more radius into your bumper?
so it would match alittle better with the radius of the flare at the back of the wheel? that straight cut ain't working for me there..Just a thought i had.

Yes I completely agree with waht your saying...and that is the plan...the problem is we own had a a sawzall at the time.....and I didnt have the rite tool with me to shave away at the bumper to get the roundness I am looking for....It is hard becuase that edge of the bumper is 75% of the support to the dang thing as well...I will post pics up as I get it rounded out...prolly tomorrow

hey, where you at... post some more

Take the flares off itll look 1000000000000000000000000000000 times better.

actaully when we build into the flares it will look alot better than with out them....we tried with no flares and IMO i think it looks terrible.....I can take some pics with the flares off so u can see what I am talking about....as for progress I Just took up my catback borla exhuast for a fart can...haha, yes it is rice now....I have absolutley killed the value of this vehicle! I will post pics and keep this updated....between two jobs and the work by me and friend...things move slowly sorry!

well at least your having fun. i dont care what anyone says, your doing what you want to do. keep going, i think it could turn out pretty interesting. but you need more PICTURES!!!!

well what pictures do you want...of the cutting? of body work? or form more angles?

Just some more pics of it cleaned up with the kit mounted...its no where near done...but pics for the people who keep checking back for them!

2351937_16_full.jpg

2351937_17_full.jpg

2351937_18_full.jpg

2351937_19_full.jpg

2351937_20_full.jpg

Got 2 more pics of it today...with the borla catback off and the fart can mounted!!! so heres pics of the kit and new exhaust!

2351937_21_full.jpg

2351937_22_full.jpg

well I did need something to fill in that hole in the bumper....and a v6 with a fart can actually sounds better than my borla did! i will try to get a sound clip!

AiwaExplorer said:
well I did need something to fill in that hole in the bumper....and a v6 with a fart can actually sounds better than my borla did! i will try to get a sound clip!

I am suprised I haven't seen more of the fart cans on explorers, seems like natural progression from the NOS HP decal :D I definately wanna hear some sound clips.

-Rich

I gotta edmit I love it...minus the flares. Lower that biatch....Good job, i appluad the effort and innovation.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wow dude im surprized that looks as good as it does

now you just need some 12x14" wheels with 1" backspacing, and a big mexi-flag in the window.

Back