Very clean old tires.......... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Very clean old tires..........

Hey for all you weekend warriors like myself I've got a tip for good lookin tires. Go buy some "Extreme Shine Armor all" and spray the hell out of your tires and leave it alone. Don't wash it off or wipe it off. Just leave it!!!! They look better then new and it lasts for weeks!!

One warning though to the people who have big tires like myself. It takes alot of Armor all to get these to cover good.;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I use Bleach White to clean the tires, and then I use Black Magic's Tire Wet to give them a shine.
The last time I did it, it lasted a few hours, oh wait thats casue I went wheelin the next day!!!!

i use tutle wax spray wax after i bleach em to coat them. i dont like the oily look i like clean rich black look.

I personally don't like the armor all products. . .or any tire black type stuff, since your tires just turn green or blue as soon as you hit the trail.
Besides, I prefer the natural rubber look.

Zaino Z16 is hands-down the best tire protectant I have ever used. It is not greasy or shiny and will last for a very long time.

peace

Mike

Originally posted by studdedx
Hey for all you weekend warriors like myself I've got a tip for good lookin tires. Go buy some "Extreme Shine Armor all" and spray the hell out of your tires and leave it alone. Don't wash it off or wipe it off. Just leave it!!!! They look better then new and it lasts for weeks!!

One warning though to the people who have big tires like myself. It takes alot of Armor all to get these to cover good.;)

That stuff is too greasy, and runs out pretty quick. It also loses the shiny look in about 24 hrs.

No way Dan!!!!

If I can manage to keep my truck on the streets for a couple of weeks the shine is still there. Yeah you use alot of it but it looks good and lasts. Or atleast it does for me. I do see your points guys on the greasy look but I like the shine. :D

Originally posted by studdedx
No way Dan!!!!

If I can manage to keep my truck on the streets for a couple of weeks the shine is still there. Yeah you use alot of it but it looks good and lasts. Or atleast it does for me. I do see your points guys on the greasy look but I like the shine. :D

Its messy!!!
I'd wait a long time after putting that stuff on before driving. Flies up and get all over the trim, etc.

I always use Black Magic Tire Wet. I am very content with the way that looks and you can get it at any Trak Auto or Pep Boys. Just my advice, but I am going to look into the other products as well...

Armor all tire wet

IMHO, the ArmorAll works absolutely the best for a wet look, but a word of advice-don't move your X for at LEAST 5 hours after you spray it on, as it will very quickly leave little oily spots all over your paint that are hard to get off without scrubbing (I've even found them on the roof before!)
I go to the local jet hose, do it yourself wash, but DON"T EVER USE THE BRUSH!!!!!!!!!! ESPECIALLY if you have a dark colored vehicle like my Blackjack-it leaves monster fine scratches in the clearcoat. Get some Armor all foaming tire cleaner, spray it on, then let it soak in, hose it off, let dry and shoot your tires with the tire wet. Works every time and your tires will look brand new for weeks. Or until it rains. Or you drive up a road that's under construction. :p

Back