• Register Today It's free!

Vibration at 65 miles an hour

Nops1972

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Explorer
I have a 2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4 x 4. I put brand-new struts all the way around with that I also put the lift that goes on the struts. The car rides perfectly at 60 mph. When I hit 65 I have a vibration throughout the car but as soon as I take my foot off the gas it goes away. But as soon as I accelerate it comes back. hopefully someone's got some good answers for me. Thank you very much. The lift on the struts was 2.5 on the front and 1.25 on the back.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What brand are the struts? And I'm sure the leveling kit was the Traxda 2.5 and 1.25?

What brand are the struts? And I'm sure the leveling kit was the Traxda 2.5 and 1.25?
Yes you're right about the suspension kit that exact same one. I have four brand-new quick struts Monroe . The vehicle rides excellent until I hit about 65. Take my foot off the Excelerator and it goes away as soon as I hit it again the vibration comes in until I stop accelerating. Tires have been balance right on the money and I also have spacers on my rims. I was also wondering if I should put those new control arms for the front. Someone also told me that it's possible I am at my limits with the CV joints how do I correct this

I would check all of your joints, bolts, and since you have spacers be extra sure they're on correctly. BTF upper control arms are going to fix the cambering issue and all the ball joint issues, as well as tire wear.

I would check all of your joints, bolts, and since you have spacers be extra sure they're on correctly. BTF upper control arms are going to fix the cambering issue and all the ball joint issues, as well as tire wear.
The control arms are brand-new and we're put on by Ford. Also I was possibly told that it could be the CV joints does this seem possible to you

It very well could be if it's not connected correctly or many other things. It's hard to diagnose things over the internet lol

It could be something due to the changes of the aerodynamics of the vehicle now since its taller. What kind of tire have you gotten? Brand? Model?

Cooper RTX 265/70r 17

Back