Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

View current gear while in automatic mode

Discussion in 'Modified 2011- 2019 Explorer Sport Tuning' started by James12, February 14, 2018 at 10:38 AM.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    Tags:
    1. James12

James12 New Member

City, State:
      Chattanooga, TN
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2013 Explorer Sport
      Does anyone know if there is a way to view the current gear while in automatic mode on a 2013 Sport? I want to be able to know what gear I'm in at a glance. Also, I'd like to be able to log certain parameters including the gear so that I can look back over the data and see gear, RPM, shift points, etc. I have Dash Command and I can view PIDs for FORD.ENGINE.GEAR_OSC and CALC.GEAR.CURRENT. These look like they would indicate the current gear, but they don't. They always just read zero. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. peterk9

peterk9 Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Ottawa, Ontario area
      2017 Explorer Platinum
      Callsign:
      VE3
      Welcome to the Forum James.:wave:
      Unless that is something that can be done by altering some factory settings using Forscan, there are no driver settings to allow for that.

Peter

4. KayGee

KayGee Active Member

City, State:
      Farmington, MI
      '16 & '17 PIU
      May be a bug in dash command - Gauge doesn't update with Ford.engine.Gear_CMD

Have you tried forscan mobile or any of the other android apps to see if they work differently? I seem to recall when I tried with torque app that I was able to set up a gauge to monitor what gear the vehicle was in.