Virginia Explorers - GWNF Offroad Run Nov 2012 | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Virginia Explorers - GWNF Offroad Run Nov 2012

I might be in also. I should have my lift on and the 4406 swap. I'll keep u posted.

Welcome! The more the merrier. You can meet up with me and James to caravan down Saturday Morning

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ill measure when i get home but thinking it was more like 9.5-10".you could just have it if it would work for you,its just taking up space.

Sent you a PM

Now back on subject. What tools does everyone plan on bringing? i learned last time that and Impact and cutoff wheel come in handy. Took 2 hours taking a hack saw to a 8.8 grade bolt!

I'll probably have a full set of racheting wrenches, a cordless impact, socket wrench with sockets, jack with wood block (if I haven't purchased a High Lift yet). Oh and a cutoff wheel just in case.

Sent you a PM

Now back on subject. What tools does everyone plan on bringing? i learned last time that and Impact and cutoff wheel come in handy. Took 2 hours taking a hack saw to a 8.8 grade bolt!

I'll probably have a full set of racheting wrenches, a cordless impact, socket wrench with sockets, jack with wood block (if I haven't purchased a High Lift yet). Oh and a cutoff wheel just in case.

I usually bring almost the same but may leave it at staceys for the trail to reduce my weight although, I did shoe creek a month ago and with my truck loaded with me wife son and all our camping gear and only scraped a time or two...
I also bring some of every fluid possibly needed... Gallons of water+antifreeze etc etc..
good thing I had that hand saw LOL
HHR fan did great minus my crap fan controller running it... Really need to get this flexalite soft start installed, also my battery is dying on me.. XEEK!

Sent you a PM

Ill have all my tools,including air and electric.i have plenty of air and AC invertor on board so we can use air and electric on trail.ill prob throw my small welder in the back on xeeks truck if he has room.also i bring a ton of spare parts;)

got your pm.i looked for it yesterday but couldn't find it and had to get to my second job.must have thrown it in the attic.ill climb up there today and get you some pics and measurements.its the red 6gallon pancake 1hp-ish porter cable from home depot

ill prob throw my small welder in the back on xeeks truck if he has room.also i bring a ton of spare parts;)

really now? ;p

that remids me. ill throw my d35 parts in there for you guys also. just incase. dont expect any beams or pumpkins, but everything else lol

following up on status etc

hey guys, i hope all is well with all...

i am just following up on a couple points for clarification.

Will and JD,
you had mentioned that you may arrive friday and do some trail maintenance. that might be good right now at least 3 of the existing hill climbs on the house property have some downed trees across them...nothing significant ....30 minutes and you can have all of them cleared. i am so busy with plumbing tiling and other indoor work that i never seem to get the time to do trail work. we probably will have a few more downed trees from Sandy and the wet snow she brought.

i have constructed another freshcut teardrop trail on the deer meadow tract you guys can cut a few sapplings and have even more trails. i have this new articulating gully climb/slide ("sissy holler")that i want to try and that might take a few minutes of sappling removal. i might even get another half day of bulldozer time in before you get here.

Will,
i understand that you are bringing the pork. i had told you that i would not have a refrigerator for the pork. Correction , i now will have a full size fridge, a dormer fridge, and a full size freezer. i also will have a full size electric stove and a gas grill for heating/cooking food. I will provide a few cases of beer and some miscl. munchies, paper plates etc. etc for friday and saturday nights. Hot showers are there but they are on back patio, i will put up some plastic sheeting for those who are on the modest side. lavatories (2-3)are on the inside now. let me know if i need to get anything else for your pork... do you want me to bring a crock pot.

anything else i forgot?

Will and JD,
you had mentioned that you may arrive friday and do some trail maintenance. that might be good right now at least 3 of the existing hill climbs on the house property have some downed trees across them...nothing significant ....30 minutes and you can have all of them cleared. i am so busy with plumbing tiling and other indoor work that i never seem to get the time to do trail work. we probably will have a few more downed trees from Sandy and the wet snow she brought.

i have constructed another freshcut teardrop trail on the deer meadow tract you guys can cut a few sapplings and have even more trails. i have this new articulating gully climb/slide ("sissy holler")that i want to try and that might take a few minutes of sappling removal. i might even get another half day of bulldozer time in before you get here.

Will,
i understand that you are bringing the pork. i had told you that i would not have a refrigerator for the pork. Correction , i now will have a full size fridge, a dormer fridge, and a full size freezer. i also will have a full size electric stove and a gas grill for heating/cooking food. I will provide a few cases of beer and some miscl. munchies, paper plates etc. etc for friday and saturday nights. Hot showers are there but they are on back patio, i will put up some plastic sheeting for those who are on the modest side. lavatories (2-3)are on the inside now. let me know if i need to get anything else for your pork... do you want me to bring a crock pot.

anything else i forgot?
Sounds good.ill make sure to bring all my cutting equipment and some gas.think ill leave my big grill at home this time.Freddie will be coming up Friday also so us three should be able to get the trails clear and help out around the house if you need it.

cant wait!!;)

Will and JD,

Will,

anything else i forgot?
Not that I see... The pork is in vacuum sealed bags, we can heat them however we want from boiling Water or even a microwave... Croc pot may be easier for grazing eaters...

does everyone want a va(tomato) sauce or nc(vinegar)?

Not that I see... The pork is in vacuum sealed bags, we can heat them however we want from boiling Water or even a microwave... Croc pot may be easier for grazing eaters...

does everyone want a va(tomato) sauce or nc(vinegar)?

I say bring both;)

Man I can't wait for this! ... Or to get my truck off the Jack Stands!

Getting close now! I need to hurry up and get my truck lifted before this trip!

You off Veterans Day? You here? I could probably do a half day if you want to knock that lift out on the 12th.

Getting close now! I need to hurry up and get my truck lifted before this trip!

Ill be doing my front lift tomorrow ;) its going to be cold!cant wait..be fun if there was a ""little""snow on the ground.im making killer power in these temps.i was running 59* after the charger last night;):burnout::burnout:

Ill be doing my front lift tomorrow ;) its going to be cold!cant wait..be fun if there was a ""little""snow on the ground.im making killer power in these temps.i was running 59* after the charger last night;):burnout::burnout:

i honestly hope its like 60. but i doubt it

Snow would be nice, but doubt it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wish we could go up on wed or Thursday .two days is just not enough time!!:(is everyone that's on the first post still in?
anyone heard from
rockranger
killerkidd42
ihve4x4
?

Back